DOONEY SALE JUST GOT BETTER!

G.Allyn

O.G.
Dec 12, 2013
I recently purchased the Fina bag in oyster to add to my Alto collection. On June 29th I almost purchased a second Fina in a different color. On that day the bag was on sale for $389.00.

It is a good thing I waited. Today, the bag was marked down from $550.00 to $288.75 with free shipping. If I calculated correctly, the other day the bag was -33% off and today it was -50% with free standard shipping. This is a pretty good deal in my book. You need to use the promo code: FIREWORKS and on ILD use the code: NEW.

Reactions: Brendutch
That Zena is a great bag. Enjoy! Did you see all the 5 star reviews? I have been looking at this bag in the saddle color. I have T-moro and chestnut in other styles, but not sure about the saddle shade of brown.

Can anyone vouch for the saddle Alto leather?
G: I own the saddle Alto Zena already. It's a warm medium shade.
Very neutral in color and similar to what one see's featured by many
high end brands. In the Dooney lines, it's in the same color family as
caramel and natural in other leathers (not like Alto natural).
Alto Saddle is lighter than Florentine ginger
and a little darker and warmer then Florentine natural.
It's like the Coach saddle color in the Dreamer collection.
Hope that helps.

G: I own the saddle Alto Zena already. It's a warm medium shade.
Very neutral in color and similar to what one see's featured by many
high end brands. In the Dooney lines, it's in the same color family as
caramel and natural in other leathers (not like Alto natural).
Alto Saddle is lighter than Florentine ginger
and a little darker and warmer then Florentine natural.
It's like the Coach saddle color in the Dreamer collection.
Hope that helps.

Thank you! The color descriptions are helpful since I am trying to purchase another bag during the sale. I keep trying to fill gaps in my Alto collection in style and color. I realized I needed the bordeaux color, but twice I put it in my cart and was too slow checking out. By the time I went to pay it was sold out.

It is now between two different styles and either bordaux or saddle. I hope I didn't wait too long. I try to not go overboard and then I am sorry I didn't make the purchase. When will I learn?

G: I bought the bordeaux Alto Luciana earlier this year, when it was on sale, because I wanted the color.
The Luciana is very large. I don't think it will work as a satchel for me.
The bordeaux is nice.... but extremely dark in color.

Last night, for a few seconds, the Zena was available in bordeaux... supposedly.
But when I clicked on the details of the bag, the bordeaux wasn't there anymore.
My guess is there was just 1 in that color. And... I get nervous when Dooney or ILD or
anyone has just 1 in a color that I can't inspect in advance. I always wonder
if it's just the last one left in inventory or if it's a return.

At least with black and saddle, I know they made a lot in those colors.
Red is also beautiful in Alto leather, although you don't see as much of it these
days as years ago. And the Coral is pretty.... darker than in the pictures, but similar,
with a pink undertone. And ladies were not pleased with the Alta... suede Altos.
Many said the suede was dull and muted, not at all attractive.

Have fun shopping. I wish they had more 'styles' I like.
I already have the Camilla and the Sabrina (which is a perfect satchel to me).
If the larger tassel tote was a better price, I might get the red....
something to look forward to .... it's not as if I need another bag.

G: I bought the bordeaux Alto Luciana earlier this year, when it was on sale, because I wanted the color.
The Luciana is very large. I don't think it will work as a satchel for me.
The bordeaux is nice.... but extremely dark in color.

Last night, for a few seconds, the Zena was available in bordeaux... supposedly.
But when I clicked on the details of the bag, the bordeaux wasn't there anymore.
My guess is there was just 1 in that color. And... I get nervous when Dooney or ILD or
anyone has just 1 in a color that I can't inspect in advance. I always wonder
if it's just the last one left in inventory or if it's a return.

At least with black and saddle, I know they made a lot in those colors.
Red is also beautiful in Alto leather, although you don't see as much of it these
days as years ago. And the Coral is pretty.... darker than in the pictures, but similar,
with a pink undertone. And ladies were not pleased with the Alta... suede Altos.
Many said the suede was dull and muted, not at all attractive.

Have fun shopping. I wish they had more 'styles' I like.
I already have the Camilla and the Sabrina (which is a perfect satchel to me).
If the larger tassel tote was a better price, I might get the red....
something to look forward to .... it's not as if I need another bag.

lavenderjunkie,

You have been a huge help with all the info you provided the last couple of days. I think you are right about D&B having one item left in a style and color.

I placed two bags on order in the Alto line, both were bordeaux and both orders were cancelled due to lack of inventory. Today, the Zena in bordeaux popped up and I quickly placed my order. As it was, I placed it too quickly and forgot to put in the promo code: FIREWORKS. This was a $117.00 mistake on my part. Dooney could not price adjust and had to cancel my order. I stayed on the site and put the bag in my cart, but it was gone before I could make payment.

Congrats to the lucky person getting the bag.

Except, since you stated the bordeaux is quite dark, I think I will go back and order the saddle that I was thinking about yesterday. There will be an Alto bordeaux bag in my future--just not today.

Thanks for all your help.

G: good luck. I think the saddle is very rich looking. I don't generally buy browns/tans/saddles....
but this year.... I am beginning to appreciate them and adding quite a few to my collection.
Hope you love your new Altos.