Dooney Saffiano Leather Review Needed

Has anyone ever bought this type of leather in Dooney? Very, very interested in the upcoming new Zip Zip in saffiano. How does it compare to Michael Kors and Coach?

I don't own it but have seen them all over the outlets. Me personally... Do not like that type in Dooney. It looks and feels cheap in my opinion. I've never seen Coach but Dooney nothing compared to MK Saffiano. Again... My opinion.

:sad: I was hoping to love the Saffiano but if it feels cheap I won't like it at all. Coach saffiano feels better than MK, in my opinion. MK feels almost rubbery/plastic.

I don't care for the Saffiano leather in any brand so maybe I'm not the right person to get an opinion from. 😳😳. MK to me feels really stiff like cardboard and I can say Dooney's is a bit softer. I know that doesn't help but I just saw and played with them literally hours ago so it's fresh to me. 😃

Thank you, Pecan. I had to laugh when you said you played with them for hours. I always call it, "fondling the leather" and my daughter cracks up. I just have to touch everything to see if I like it.

I don't like how it looks bent in some areas. This leather is meant to be more structured. What's MFF? I'm going to just forget about this bag. Too many others to choose from anyway. Going to Dillard's tonight hoping to see the Samba!

I don't like how it looks bent in some areas. This leather is meant to be more structured. What's MFF? I'm going to just forget about this bag. Too many others to choose from anyway. Going to Dillard's tonight hoping to see the Samba!

DD, I hope I didn't discourage you. You know we all like different things!

One thing I really hate about saffiano is that once it gets a "fold" or wrinkle, it's ruined. Hope you find something to love at Dillard's.

Oh, and "MFF" is "Made For Factory" store merchandise. Dooney didn't used to manufacture bags specifically for their outlets; they just sold old stock and some factory seconds in their outlets. Coach outlets are filled with cheaper "MFF" stuff and I was hoping Dooney would not go down that path.

Thanks for the pics, and I agree. I also think that D&B emblem looks weird. Is Dooney into the MFF thing now?

I do know that they are making factory exclusives now. However it's not bags that look similar and have some different elements like MK does and I think Coach does. They are specific styles that are only sold in the outlets. I think the saffiano collection is one if them. I could be wrong.

Sarah, no you didn't discourage me, really, but saved me from making a disappointing purchase. I change my mind constantly anyway. I've already decided I don't want the white patent drawstring bag that much anymore... so many bags... so little time.