Dooney return time?

It's a rare find, that's for sure. Hard to find friendly people you can talk to online that are sincere.

But yes, after my lavender debacle, I will start saving. Sad thing is I think I already know what I want. After seeing the lady's picture with the 3 stanwiches and then looking them up, looks nice man.
Haha that is the scary part about loving Dooney! It is addicting! Once I got my first florentine satchel I got so many colors. I ordered a stanwich in natural once, but I ended up returning it because I just liked the style of the florentine satchel more. I also wasn't a fan of the pleat, but I know a lot of ladies on here love the stanwich!

It's a rare find, that's for sure. Hard to find friendly people you can talk to online that are sincere.

But yes, after my lavender debacle, I will start saving. Sad thing is I think I already know what I want. After seeing the lady's picture with the 3 stanwiches and then looking them up, looks nice man.

The Stanwich is a beautiful bag. And TwoBoyz has 3. So jealous. :smile: I can't wait for you to get your bag and see it in person and share with us of course. You will fall deep in love. Lol. I'm so glad we are here for you. I have learned so much since joining. I love this forum. I too have commented in other forums and didn't get the warm welcome. Maybe because my avatar is a Dooney? Lol. Kidding.

The Stanwich is a beautiful bag. And TwoBoyz has 3. So jealous. :smile: I can't wait for you to get your bag and see it in person and share with us of course. You will fall deep in love. Lol. I'm so glad we are here for you. I have learned so much since joining. I love this forum. I too have commented in other forums and didn't get the warm welcome. Maybe because my avatar is a Dooney? Lol. Kidding.

And I love your Toledo Satchel :smile: Shes a beauty!

Ha ha. Yes, a lot of number crunching has been done today. I really need to show more self control but it's just not happening with this. I always thought to myself that it didn't matter what kind of handbag I carried as long as it got the job done. Never understood why anyone would get so caught up in one particular brand or spend hundreds of dollars on "just"
a handbag. Well........ NOW I KNOW WHY.

I really don't think I'll ever be able to carry any of my old rinky dink purses again. It's hard to describe how in love I fell with my florentine when I first discovered it and then when I went to check it out in person. I immediately understood why so many ladies love Dooney. Then two weeks later I even turned around and ordered a satchel in the Dillen leather that way I would still have a nice handbag to carry on rainy days or days my son has Tball games and we are at the field where things tend to get dirty. I am going to try my best to be mindful when I carry the Florentine leather.

I do have a question for someone with experience with Florentine leather, as I am just starting out on this road with all these nice leathers and what I do know is very minimal:
is there any kind of leather protectant that I should put on my nautural Florentine satchel? I didn't know if people normally did this and if they do, what kind do they use? Thank you in advance.

According to Dooney, the Florentine leather doesn't need any protection against the rain but I've read numerous reports of bags getting water stains. I use Apple brand Rain and Stain protectant and it has worked great. However, I would test an area before using any kind of leather protectant or conditioner.

Suntenya, I didn't realize the Alto leather was so fragile. I won't be pining for this one anymore. My checkbook is definitely relieved!

Yes when my new bag arrives, I will take pictures to post on here! Oh I am excited.

Your bag in your picture and the other poster mentioning you having a Toledo made me think of a YouTube video I watched yesterday........And I just checked my YouTube history and it's your name. How neat! I feel like I am talking to a famous person.

According to Dooney, the Florentine leather doesn't need any protection against the rain but I've read numerous reports of bags getting water stains. I use Apple brand Rain and Stain protectant and it has worked great. However, I would test an area before using any kind of leather protectant or conditioner.

Suntenya, I didn't realize the Alto leather was so fragile. I won't be pining for this one anymore. My checkbook is definitely relieved!
I obviously don't know from experience since I never got to take it out, but I did read from some people that their altos scratch really easily. And since I got the black it would have shown so much. It was the most expensive bag I have ever purchased and I didn't feel great not being able to enjoy it, you know? I would have had to make sure it was not touching anything 24/7 haha so I think it was for the best!

Thank you. I will look into that.

Yes when my new bag arrives, I will take pictures to post on here! Oh I am excited.

Your bag in your picture and the other poster mentioning you having a Toledo made me think of a YouTube video I watched yesterday........And I just checked my YouTube history and it's your name. How neat! I feel like I am talking to a famous person.
Haha she is famous! I actually watched her videos after I saw her posts on this forum about them :smile:

OT but what color bags did you spray with Apple Garde? I have a chestnut Flo I am debating on but I'm scared.

Also I LOVE the kitten in your avatar. I have wanted one for a while but my current cat (tabby mix) would throw a fit if I added another.

OT but what color bags did you spray with Apple Garde? I have a chestnut Flo I am debating on but I'm scared.

Also I LOVE the kitten in your avatar. I have wanted one for a while but my current cat (tabby mix) would throw a fit if I added another.

I sprayed it on my natural Stanwich bag. Didn't seem to darken it at all.

Thanks! That's my Romeo. :heart: We actually have 2 Bengals- a spotted(Romeo) and a marble boy I named Rhett. They are the most energetic, inquisitive, interactive cats I've ever met.

What is this thread I see in the Dooney section of this site that is about "authenticate this dooney"? Is that something to make sure it's not a fake? Mine came with yellow registration cards so I hope that's a good sign.The first one I got from Macy's, the second came from Dooney's website. Are there many instances where places try to sell fake Dooney's?

No need to really worry about fakes if you purchase your bag from a reputable seller online or retail establishment. Mostly what people post on the authentication thread are ebay listings or bags they found at thrift stores or estate sales and such. If you ever question the authenticity of a Dooney, just post it on there using the guidelines at the beginning of the thread. They are very knowledgable and helpful.

I have used Apple guard on several of my bags. I sprayed it on all here of my Stanwich bags, red, natural, and T-Moro. I also sprayed it on my calf convertible shopper and my two Nubuk Chelsea shoppers (red and brown). I don't feel like it darkened any of them. At first it looks dark and you'll see where you sprayed, but then it dries and disappears. I've also used the apple leather conditioner on the Stanwich bags and my other florentine tassel satchel. It might have darkened them a tiny bit but I can barely telling it did.

Toledos do look really pretty! I have yet to see one in person though so I don't know how much I will like the shininess until I see it!
It's not that shiny to me. It just makes it look more dressier in my opinion. I want a Stanwich (or 2) :wacko: so I can either dress it up or down. Since I'm on a bag freeze, I'll have to wait till after summer. I really hope I last that long. I'm really enjoying my new Calf O-Ring Sac. My fairy God-Mother says she's sees one in my future so.... :smile: