Dooney return time?

I return here within a cloud of my own guilt yet busting with excitement. I did it. My mind is so distracting when I get stuck on something I want so bad so I went ahead and got it. I went on the Dooney website again to look at it to make sure it's what I truly wanted and I saw they actually had it marked down to $298 from $398. I don't know much about Dooney leathers but I didn't think they would ever put Florentines on sale. Do they do that often? I have much to learn. Anyways they had 4 or 5 colors of the medium Florentine satchel on sale and it must have been meant to be because lavender was one of them. The justification I did in my mind was that since it was $100 cheaper than I originally thought it was going to be,
that I should go ahead and take advantage in case it was a one day thing or something.

But yes, I ordered it. I'm very excited. However my husband will not be. Gonna have to stalk the crap out of the window to catch the delivery truck before they ring the doorbell.

Does anyone reading this happen to have seen a lavender satchel in person? If so, is it pretty true to color? Thank you in advance.
I own the lavender and it is lavender. Verrry nice color

I return here within a cloud of my own guilt yet busting with excitement. I did it. My mind is so distracting when I get stuck on something I want so bad so I went ahead and got it. I went on the Dooney website again to look at it to make sure it's what I truly wanted and I saw they actually had it marked down to $298 from $398. I don't know much about Dooney leathers but I didn't think they would ever put Florentines on sale. Do they do that often? I have much to learn. Anyways they had 4 or 5 colors of the medium Florentine satchel on sale and it must have been meant to be because lavender was one of them. The justification I did in my mind was that since it was $100 cheaper than I originally thought it was going to be,
that I should go ahead and take advantage in case it was a one day thing or something.

But yes, I ordered it. I'm very excited. However my husband will not be. Gonna have to stalk the crap out of the window to catch the delivery truck before they ring the doorbell.

Does anyone reading this happen to have seen a lavender satchel in person? If so, is it pretty true to color? Thank you in advance.

Hi and Welcome to the quickly addicting world of Dooney! I think many of us have experienced the same thing you did, at least I know I have. It's crazy how after you see and feel, expecially feel a Dooney bag and experience the quality it's hard to go back to your old bags. I ended up selling my other higher end bags and then I donated my other bags, and gave some to my step-daughter. She was really happy to take them. I just found I never wanted to carry them anymore.

Congrats on your new lavender satchel! I just wanted to make sure you saw what others have posted above that the same bag is available on ilovedooney.com for $244 (no tax and free shipping). Also if you call one of the outlets that ships, like Reading, *******, or DE, they will ship one to you if they have it and they are at 65% off right now which makes it $139 (plus 7.50 for shipping and tax in your state). If they don't have it, they will usually check the warehouse or call other stores for you to check. It's pretty easy. You could get two of the discontinued colors for the price of the lavender on Dooney.com. :woohoo::yahoo::woohoo:

Has anyone returned something they bought off the Dooney site? How long does it typically take to be refunded?

I found out I need to return a bag I bought off the site because I spent a little too much money! And I am hoping they refund fairly quickly. :shucks: Ahh I hate when this happens!

Well that's a bummer. Hopefully it's something you don't really really love. I hate when that happens too, and believe it's happened a lot to me. I know the felling all too well. I have returned something to Dooney.com and I don't remember exactly how long it takes for the credit/refund. I don't think it took that long or else I would have been checking on it. I have also returned a bag to ilovedooney more recently and I remember the refund was pretty quick. I feel like it didn't take more than a week after they received my return.

Hi and Welcome to the quickly addicting world of Dooney! I think many of us have experienced the same thing you did, at least I know I have. It's crazy how after you see and feel, expecially feel a Dooney bag and experience the quality it's hard to go back to your old bags. I ended up selling my other higher end bags and then I donated my other bags, and gave some to my step-daughter. She was really happy to take them. I just found I never wanted to carry them anymore.

Congrats on your new lavender satchel! I just wanted to make sure you saw what others have posted above that the same bag is available on ilovedooney.com for $244 (no tax and free shipping). Also if you call one of the outlets that ships, like Reading, *******, or DE, they will ship one to you if they have it and they are at 65% off right now which makes it $139 (plus 7.50 for shipping and tax in your state). If they don't have it, they will usually check the warehouse or call other stores for you to check. It's pretty easy. You could get two of the discontinued colors for the price of the lavender on Dooney.com. :woohoo::yahoo::woohoo:

Hello and thank you for the welcome! I appreciate the information you and others have provided me with in this thread that I hijacked from a very nice person. I definitely have a lot to learn especially when it comes to where you can get Dooneys for good deals. Instead of taking my time and researching the info a previous poster had given me, my mind went wild seeing the discount on Dooney's website and took the plunge when, like you said, I could have got two for one. Much to learn much to learn. Yes I cannot believe what a difference a nice handbag can make in the way I actually feel! Everyone has their own hobbies and things that make them happy and feel good and I think I have found mine. From here on out, I think I'm going to set a little money out of every paycheck into a little envelope and then hold myself to my rule that I can't buy another Dooney until I have all the money in hand. That way I can enjoy more handbags in the future and not break myself in the process.

I absolutely love the three handbags you have as your profile picture. Those are the Stanwich correct? They are so classy looking. How does their size compare to the medium Florentine I have?

Well that's a bummer. Hopefully it's something you don't really really love. I hate when that happens too, and believe it's happened a lot to me. I know the felling all too well. I have returned something to Dooney.com and I don't remember exactly how long it takes for the credit/refund. I don't think it took that long or else I would have been checking on it. I have also returned a bag to ilovedooney more recently and I remember the refund was pretty quick. I feel like it didn't take more than a week after they received my return.
Aw thanks! It was probably for the best. It was the really expensive Camilla in black. When I got it, it didn't wow me like I thought it would but I held onto it because I loved the idea of it. But when I saw my account I knew it had to go. The strap wasn't quit elong neough to wear on my shoulder and it was too big to put on the crook of my arm all day. And the leather is so fragile I would have had to baby it all the time. Oh well!!

Hello and thank you for the welcome! I appreciate the information you and others have provided me with in this thread that I hijacked from a very nice person. I definitely have a lot to learn especially when it comes to where you can get Dooneys for good deals. Instead of taking my time and researching the info a previous poster had given me, my mind went wild seeing the discount on Dooney's website and took the plunge when, like you said, I could have got two for one. Much to learn much to learn. Yes I cannot believe what a difference a nice handbag can make in the way I actually feel! Everyone has their own hobbies and things that make them happy and feel good and I think I have found mine. From here on out, I think I'm going to set a little money out of every paycheck into a little envelope and then hold myself to my rule that I can't buy another Dooney until I have all the money in hand. That way I can enjoy more handbags in the future and not break myself in the process.

I absolutely love the three handbags you have as your profile picture. Those are the Stanwich correct? They are so classy looking. How does their size compare to the medium Florentine I have?
Aw you're so sweet! I am so happy that you got one you love! And don't worry, in time you will learn about all the places to get good deals! And I love your idea about putting some money aside each week. That sounds so much safer than just spending and not having the money in hand!

Aw you're so sweet! I am so happy that you got one you love! And don't worry, in time you will learn about all the places to get good deals! And I love your idea about putting some money aside each week. That sounds so much safer than just spending and not having the money in hand!

Yes I think that is what I will have to do so that when I find one that I love, I won't have to "crunch the numbers" like I did all day to see if I can pull it off. I'm making a vow this is the last one I'll do that with. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I'll hold to that lol.

What is this thread I see in the Dooney section of this site that is about "authenticate this dooney"? Is that something to make sure it's not a fake? Mine came with yellow registration cards so I hope that's a good sign.The first one I got from Macy's, the second came from Dooney's website. Are there many instances where places try to sell fake Dooney's?

I know the feeling of excitement, believe me! I just wanted to make sure you knew all your options. We are all here for each other in that respect :smile:. Just know you can call and cancel your order on Dooney. Com if it hasn't shipped yet and still use he other options. I've called and cancelled an order I placed before and it was no problem.

Yes, they are the Stanwich satchels. Thanks! I love them so much. They were my first florentine bags. I have yet to have a regular florentine satchel, but I have two coming in the small size in colors taupe and Ivy. I'm very excited. After this, no more for awhile! The Stanwich is supposed to be comparable in size to the regular size florentine satchel, but it has a smaller feel because it tapers in at the top. It's really the perfect size for me because I find the regular size Flo a bit too big and the small a bit small sometimes. It's the goldilocks bag :smile: I think there are a few threads that discuss the Stanwich if you're interested in more info. Also a great place to learn about Dooney in General is on QVC when they have their shows. There a re a few coming up this weekend.

I know the feeling of excitement, believe me! I just wanted to make sure you knew all your options. We are all here for each other in that respect :smile:. Just know you can call and cancel your order on Dooney. Com if it hasn't shipped yet and still use he other options. I've called and cancelled an order I placed before and it was no problem.

Yes, they are the Stanwich satchels. Thanks! I love them so much. They were my first florentine bags. I have yet to have a regular florentine satchel, but I have two coming in the small size in colors taupe and Ivy. I'm very excited. After this, no more for awhile! The Stanwich is supposed to be comparable in size to the regular size florentine satchel, but it has a smaller feel because it tapers in at the top. It's really the perfect size for me because I find the regular size Flo a bit too big and the small a bit small sometimes. It's the goldilocks bag :smile: I think there are a few threads that discuss the Stanwich if you're interested in more info. Also a great place to learn about Dooney in General is on QVC when they have their shows. There a re a few coming up this weekend.

I have read around on various forums on various subjects all across the Internet, just whatever I happen to be reading or following at the time but I have never observed such friendliness as I have on this one. Heck this was the first time I ever registered to be a member of a forum. I just wanted so badly to be able to talk to someone about my new "obsession" because I don't have anyone in my life that would understand. You all have been so friendly to me. I really appreciate that.

I have read around on various forums on various subjects all across the Internet, just whatever I happen to be reading or following at the time but I have never observed such friendliness as I have on this one. Heck this was the first time I ever registered to be a member of a forum. I just wanted so badly to be able to talk to someone about my new "obsession" because I don't have anyone in my life that would understand. You all have been so friendly to me. I really appreciate that.
I am the same way! I don't have anyone to talk to either, and definitely not my hubby! haha This is the only forum I have ever joined and the Dooney gals are so nice. I even posted on the Coach one before and they weren't as nice. Not to talk badly about them or anything, but I didn't get the warm welcome at all like I did here. And they seemed to just answer the question and then try to stop talking. On here, people are so friendly and helpful!

I agree, it's so friendly here and you guys are the only people I can share this obsession with. :smile:

I am the same way! I don't have anyone to talk to either, and definitely not my hubby! haha This is the only forum I have ever joined and the Dooney gals are so nice. I even posted on the Coach one before and they weren't as nice. Not to talk badly about them or anything, but I didn't get the warm welcome at all like I did here. And they seemed to just answer the question and then try to stop talking. On here, people are so friendly and helpful!

It's a rare find, that's for sure. Hard to find friendly people you can talk to online that are sincere.

But yes, after my lavender debacle, I will start saving. Sad thing is I think I already know what I want. After seeing the lady's picture with the 3 stanwiches and then looking them up, looks nice man.