Dooney preorder problems??

BW: for some reason, I have been stocking up on caramel and natural Dooney handbags in the last few months, along with all black. I don't know why. Browns and caramels were never my go to colors....
but now I find the caramel and natural to be elegant.

I also recently ordered an all black pebble leather drawstring.... it was on sale on ILD, but no picture. I did some research, and still couldn't find the exact bag.... but I ordered it anyway. Totally nuts... I love the look of a drawstring, but it's not a comfortable style for me as I hand carry every bag. BTW, it arrived, and I love the look and the leather.

I'm betting you are going to love your new handbags.... great color choices and style.

The drawstring in jeans blue is here!! I love it. The leather is soft and smooshy, the color is fantastic.

LJ - I don't have a black bag either. I have considered one but haven't found one that speaks to me. I'm so glad you love it! I have been drawn to the browns and neutral shades for a while. I have a few bags in colors (strawberry, cranberry, melon, calypso) but I find myself drawn to the neutrals. I was hesitant to buy this bag in blue since I usually go for neutrals. So I ordered both blue and caramel. My original thought was keep the one I like best. But I think I will keep both.

Attachments

• 20200614_113828.jpg
    20200614_113828.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 4
BW: everyone's definition of a 'neutral' is different. :smile: I think that's because some people see a neutral
as something that matches the color scheme of what you are wearing, and others see it as a color
that 'goes' with everything. And what 'goes' with everything is in the eye of the wearer, for sure.
For me.... brown is not a neutral, because my wardrobe tends to jewel tone colors, black, navy, and not
browns and tans. So brown is an 'extra' color and I'm not into a rainbow of colors. But I consider that
black goes with everything in my wardrobe.

And remember... color trends and dos/don'ts change. For years, you weren't supposed to mix
blue and black.... now it's considered very sophisticated. In some years, colors are supposed to
match exactly. In other years, a 'pop' of color is fashionable. And in some years, shades of a color
family are featured. Wear what makes you happy.

I prefer to look at colors in terms of wearable, given the other colors in your wardrobe and also your taste in colors. If you wear any color of blue jeans, then any color of blue handbag will work with your outfits...
no matter what color tops you wear. And the blue you chose also works well (to my eye) with almost every other color, depending upon how the 'outfit' is put together. The blue can be the 'pop' of color, it can be a shade of many blues, it can add a brightening element to greys, or it can be very elegant with black. And a mixture of soft and bright colors or even multiple bright colors can look great too.... as long as there aren't too many at one time (my rule). I love blues with greens/turquoise, for example. Red, white, blue can be a sharp look. Blue and yellow is fun. If you like the look.... then it 'works'. If it looks put together intentionally, then I 'works'.

Enjoy your new handbags.

Very true.... many good points.... I think the color "rules" and trends can be a real challenge for me sometimes. I think it's why I tend to buy a bag, think about it, then change my mind. I am a quilter, I LOVE color and patterns, but that doesn't always work for handbags for me. And at the cost of Dooney handbags, I feel like I should be completely positive about a bag and it's timelessness to keep it. I definitely make the whole handbag buying process more complicated than it needs to be lol. I am all about comfort so I exclusively wear denim or knit leggings and casual tops. So for me, tan and browns are a neutral. But I could see how a much more trendy outfit would need a different bag. I think types of leather and textures could also be a factor in pairing with an outfit. I tend to stick with pebble leather and florentine because I am more casual, but I can see other leathers working for more dressy or formal situations.
I do love that we live in a time when we are all free to express our own personal style.

BW: a handbag is an investment and you should be happy with it... color, style, function, etc. It's your money, you don't have to buy something just because other folks love it. I think that over time our tastes and needs change.... outside influences (styles and just seeing something over and over, all have an effect), and our individual needs (work changes, retirement, children, life style).

I never wanted green handbags or saddle color... one brown handbag was enough. Then, after years of seeing all the pretty shades of green, and so many elegant saddle/caramel color handbags.... I began to buy them too. Of course I can make them work with my clothing.... but... I had other handbags that would work also. I didn't need to add these colors.

Some folks like to have a limited number of handbags (a few colors or styles) and others, collect them.
I'm one of the collectors. Since each handbag gets used less often and I can match the style to the need
for the day, I can be more flexible in what I buy. I keep my handbags for years, and years and years, so
when a style doesn't work for me, I just put it away. After a few years, if it's still not right.... then I
pass it on to someone else.

I would not encourage anyone to be a handbag collector. :smile: It makes so much more sense to own a more
limited # of handbags. I keep telling myself that!