Dooney preorder problems??

BadWolf10

Apr 10, 2015
Good afternoon and happy Saturday!!
Just a question for my fellow Dooney gals and guys...I placed an order back in May for 2 of the new Pebble Grain handbags along with matching wallets. The handbags were supposed to be in stock on May 31st, so I assumed they would ship around that time (the wallets shipped right away). June 1st came and they were listed In Stock, but my orders stayed in Backordered status. .So I chatted with them and the CS rep said that they will ship around the 13th. OK. I checked the next day, and they were back to being listed online as a preorder expected for June 13th shipment. Then yesterday, I saw that they are back in stock online. So I called again, the CS said that it was odd they hadn't been filled so she was going to send messages to the warehouse to have them shipped. They still show In Stock online, but my order status shows Backordered. .To be fair, it's only been one business day and it's now the weekend. But have any of you every had issues with pre ordered items not shipping once it is in stock??

Handbags I ordered showed in stock when I ordered, but when they didn't ship, I checked and my order said backorder. But online, the items still showed in stock.
This seems to be a problem with Dooney and ILD. I always check before ordering to be sure the color is in stock..... but.... sometimes it seems it's not. Eventually they will ship the item or cancel it. But the extra stress is a hassle. And we need to be sure we are not charged (actually billed, not preauthorized) until the item ships.

It is so frustrating. I preordered because it was the 30% off sale and I was willing to wait, as long as it actually ships. But the process definitely seems to have a breakdown. I do love Dooney products, but their customer service lacks sometimes. I'm sorry to hear you have the same problem, but at the same time happy to hear it's not my imagination. I'm hoping the bags ship next week. From the wallets I received, the new pebble grain collection is very promising.

It is so frustrating. I preordered because it was the 30% off sale and I was willing to wait, as long as it actually ships. But the process definitely seems to have a breakdown. I do love Dooney products, but their customer service lacks sometimes. I'm sorry to hear you have the same problem, but at the same time happy to hear it's not my imagination. I'm hoping the bags ship next week. From the wallets I received, the new pebble grain collection is very promising.
Good luck. I keep checking on my bag.... nothing yet.
Glad to hear the new collection looks good. I like the overall handbag styles... the satchels are my thing. And I have a friend who needs the
DB hangtag, as those are her initials. :smile:

I hope they ship your order soon as well. The satchels in the new line are gorgeous. I'm a hobo and drawstring girl. I ordered the hobo first and when I received it, it was perfect except for that flap over top. The edges were unfinished and it just didn't lay well. Something about those flap over styles just don't work for me. But I think the leather is fantastic and I LOVE the new lining. I think the satchels and drawstring bags will be amazing.

I hope they ship your order soon as well. The satchels in the new line are gorgeous. I'm a hobo and drawstring girl. I ordered the hobo first and when I received it, it was perfect except for that flap over top. The edges were unfinished and it just didn't lay well. Something about those flap over styles just don't work for me. But I think the leather is fantastic and I LOVE the new lining. I think the satchels and drawstring bags will be amazing.

BW: sorry your new bag wasn't perfect. But it's good to know that the leather in the new line is so nice. I'll have to look at the photos again....
curious about the lining.

I much prefer the older woven linings (tan/white or red/white), and red cotton was ok. but I don't like the blue/white stripe lining.
(I think it's too casual and distracting for the look I want in my handbags).
I also really disliked the rainbow chevron lining they did in certain collections. A light/medium blue lining would be nice :smile: or even a subtle logo pattern.

The quality of the Dooney linings has been very good, color and pattern are just personal preferences. And while we are on the subject of linings.... I think Dooney linings and interior pockets/function are much better than most other brands, including some costing many, many, many times as much. For the most part Dooney provides lots of function and consistent interior pockets across it's collections. Alto seems to be the exception.... and it's a key frustration for me because I love the Alto leather/collection.

Reactions: HannaS1001
My 'in stock/backordered' Dooney bag finally shipped! It is the black/black pebble leather Darcy satchel. Lately I've been craving black/black. Last year I wanted black with lighter trim (butterscotch or tan).

Reactions: BadWolf10
BW: what fabrication is the cream color lining in the new pebble collection?
Is it a glove leather like Dooney did on some Florentine styles or is it a fabric of some kind? Please describe. Thanks. :smile:

Woohoo!! I'm so glad it shipped!!
I agree completely about Dooney interior. I love the pockets and organization. I think they are hands down my fav interior set up.

The new interior reminds me of the Dillen interior but all cream instead of the pink. So it's a woven cream. I took a couple of pics of the zippered compartment on the wallet. Also since I know you love blues and purples, a pic of the wallet. It is in jeans blue . The pics are one with and one without flash. 20200608_145451.jpg 20200608_145451.jpg 20200608_145451.jpg 20200608_145442.jpg

Attachments

• 20200608_145427.jpg
    20200608_145427.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200608_145422.jpg
    20200608_145422.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 12
BW: thanks for the pics and the info. I like the new cream 'woven' lining. Looks nice and the fabric seems a little more worry free than the glove leather. The leather linings are so elegant, but I worry about color transfer and damage/dirt from keys. (I just moved into a Flo Cameron bag with a cream leather lining, and put my keys into a little light colored fabric bag to prevent them from soiling the lining. ) I've never had an issue with the Dooney fabric linings and never worried about my keys.

I love the Jeans color of you new wallet. Enjoy the collection when you get your other items.

I agree... I have stayed away from flo bags with the leather lining. I just don't want to have to be that careful with the interior. And I'm kind of excited about the cream lining. I like the red, but for some bags it just doesn't make sense to me. This light lining will let me see everything in the bag and go well with any color bag. I agree with you about the striped lining in a few if the newer bags. I just don't like it. I do like the blue that they have put in some of the patent bags though. I wish they would use that one one more of the bags as well. I will post pics when my new bag comes!!

I ordered the new Pebble Grain drawstring in Caramel and Jeans. I am so excited!! The new caramel is slightly less orange than the original Pebble Grain caramel (the wallet arrived last week) I love both, but I'm excited at a more brown caramel.