Dooney Polka Dot vs MK Jet Saffiano Dot tote?

dott

O.G.
Mar 25, 2012
Already to purchase the darling blk/white DB dot tote but found the MK Saffiano on clearance at half the price but much smaller size. Can you ladies help me decide which would be a better everyday bag? Looked everywhere on both forums but not much commenting on either. Thanks so much.

Is the Dooney coated cotton? I choose leather over coated cotton every time. Do you need the bigger or smaller size the most? If it's going to be an everyday bag, do you needed something that would be easier to care for like coated cotton? There are just some of the things I would be asking myself. Think practical and also if the difference in cost will benefit you in the long run. Good luck! :smile:

Hi Dott. I don't own any Saffiano bags, but I find them to be a little stiff. I own two of the D&B coated cotton chevron totes from QVC and I love them. They are such nice bags. The coated cotton material is nice and supple and the leather trim is nice. It's a smaller tote so it can work for an everyday bag and it's not heavy. However if you don't like big bags or totes then it might not work for you as an everyday bag. I think the polka dot tote is the same style bag so I think it's a good comparison to the chevron tote. Good luck with your decision. Wish I could help more. :smile:

Thanks to Twoboyz and Dooney Ducky for your prompt replies.
Macys had the DB Dot coated cotton at 25% off then I saw the MK on clearance for 50% off then another 25% so it came to $155 vs $98 plus tax.
I've never had saffiano leather butt curious how it will hold up or will soften over time.

Macys had the DB Dot coated cotton at 25% off then I saw the MK on clearance for 50% off then another 25% so it came to $155 vs $98 plus tax.
I've never had saffiano leather butt curious how it will hold up or will soften over time.

I have a Couple Saffiano bags and they quite stiff and though I don't carry them often, I haven't found them to soften up at all. Me personally... Would take coated cotton over Saffiano unless I'm going for a dressy look. I don't consider Saffiano an everyday casual look. My opinion.

You're welcome Dott :smile: I hope you love your new bag. Let us know how you like it and we would love to see pictures. :smile: