Dooney Pals Off-Topic Chat Thread

Yay!! Sounds like a great deal! I am not familiar with the brand. Any pics?

I never heard of the brand either until, for some reason, I got swept up in the royal wedding of William and Kate. The Duchess wore the ankle boot version frequently so I bought them (my only full price pair) when they were still under $300. Loved them and bought other colors on sale over the years, they change the ankle decoration annually. Below are the ankle boots
IMG_0606.PNG

She also wears the Rhumba high boot but the more she wore the brand the higher the price went. I think these were $400 when I first became aware of them and now are $750 the ankle boots shot way up too :sad:

IMG_0605.PNG

I love them for looking scary high but being really comfy. The suede is supposedly weatherproof, but I would not trudge through puddles or snow in mine. On sale I highly reccomend, not on sale, much as I love mine, I do not think they are worth current retail.

I never heard of the brand either until, for some reason, I got swept up in the royal wedding of William and Kate. The Duchess wore the ankle boot version frequently so I bought them (my only full price pair) when they were still under $300. Loved them and bought other colors on sale over the years, they change the ankle decoration annually. Below are the ankle boots
View attachment 3912426

She also wears the Rhumba high boot but the more she wore the brand the higher the price went. I think these were $400 when I first became aware of them and now are $750 the ankle boots shot way up too :sad:

View attachment 3912425

I love them for looking scary high but being really comfy. The suede is supposedly weatherproof, but I would not trudge through puddles or snow in mine. On sale I highly reccomend, not on sale, much as I love mine, I do not think they are worth current retail.
Those are really cute! Thank you for the pictures. The Dutchess always looks stunning. The boots do look comfy—even with the height. Enjoy your new boots! Kc

Reactions: aerinha
I don't think it's too small. The style now has been very tiny pendants, sometimes more than one worn layered. I think your circle pendant is very
lovely and doesn't need anything else with it. To me it looks like a perfect everyday wear piece of jewelry. I can't tell if it is encrusted with diamonds from the photo, but with or without, I think it's a very nice pendant and one you can get a lot of wear from. But you need to be happy and sometimes expectations will affect how you see an item. Let us know what you decide.

I don't think it's too small. The style now has been very tiny pendants, sometimes more than one worn layered. I think your circle pendant is very
lovely and doesn't need anything else with it. To me it looks like a perfect everyday wear piece of jewelry. I can't tell if it is encrusted with diamonds from the photo, but with or without, I think it's a very nice pendant and one you can get a lot of wear from. But you need to be happy and sometimes expectations will affect how you see an item. Let us know what you decide.

It is encrusted with diamonds. I decided to return it. I got it as a stand in for another piece that I couldn’t afford and thought it would do, but it didn’t wow me. For its price it should be looooove.

I think it is very elegant.

Thanks,

Snowing agian here in PA. At least we didn’t get the high winds this time, but I did get off work and I do have salted caramel brownies baking in the oven.
Glad you're safe at home. I'm in line at the grocery store as I type this. Seriously thinking of getting out of line for some salted caramel......anything! Enjoy and be safe if you travel outside!

Anyone else finding the closing of Toys R Us way more upsetting than you expected (or even think it should be)? I haven’t really been a shopper there since the early 2000s when I gave up my Barbie collecting and my much younger cousins outgrew toys. There was the occasional pop in just for fun, but even that vanished once I hit my 30s.

I set foot in my local one, the one I visited as a child, around Xmas looking for an Advent Calendar and, though the entrance was the same, felt like I stepped into an alien world once past the familiar tunnel door area. It had been redesigned in a maze like fashion, gone were the long aisles and I had to keep looking all around islands of toys to make sure I wasn’t walking by what I wanted. They new configuration made it tight to get by people with carts. I found myself annoyed at the layout more than awed at the stock. By the time I found the toy Advent calendars by another brand than the one I wanted, I wasn’t sure if that was it or if I missed mine in some tiny aisle along the way.

Exiting empty handed, I noted the once orderly checkout area lumped everything in to its own maze and there was now only one path out. The exit, a glass enclosed atrium sort of thing, was exactly as I recalled sans the gumball machines. It was sort of a balm after such a disappointing store experience. They keep blaming Amazon, but if all stores are now like this, they ruined the shopping experience.

I keep thinking I should go for a last visit but to be honest I want to walk into the 1980s version in my mind, not the hot mess they created in the last ten years.

Sad.

Reactions: YankeeDooney
Anyone else finding the closing of Toys R Us way more upsetting than you expected (or even think it should be)? I haven’t really been a shopper there since the early 2000s when I gave up my Barbie collecting and my much younger cousins outgrew toys. There was the occasional pop in just for fun, but even that vanished once I hit my 30s.

I set foot in my local one, the one I visited as a child, around Xmas looking for an Advent Calendar and, though the entrance was the same, felt like I stepped into an alien world once past the familiar tunnel door area. It had been redesigned in a maze like fashion, gone were the long aisles and I had to keep looking all around islands of toys to make sure I wasn’t walking by what I wanted. They new configuration made it tight to get by people with carts. I found myself annoyed at the layout more than awed at the stock. By the time I found the toy Advent calendars by another brand than the one I wanted, I wasn’t sure if that was it or if I missed mine in some tiny aisle along the way.

Exiting empty handed, I noted the once orderly checkout area lumped everything in to its own maze and there was now only one path out. The exit, a glass enclosed atrium sort of thing, was exactly as I recalled sans the gumball machines. It was sort of a balm after such a disappointing store experience. They keep blaming Amazon, but if all stores are now like this, they ruined the shopping experience.

I keep thinking I should go for a last visit but to be honest I want to walk into the 1980s version in my mind, not the hot mess they created in the last ten years.

Sad.
My children, now 39 & 29, practically grew up at Toys R Us. I spent many long hours in the store with them as they gave very serious thought to what they wanted to spend their Christmas and Birthday money on. I joked that when they had children all I would ever buy them are Toys R Us gift cards so my children would have to spend as much time in Toys R Us as I did. :lol: Of course, by the time they were adults you could shop online and they never had to set foot in a store.:annoyed::biggrin:
I have been hearing Toys R Us was closing for a long time. I guess it's finally happening. I cherish all memories with my children, even the ones at Toys R Us.

I've been reading articles about the Toys R Us closings. They were bought out by a private equity firm a few years back and ended up with a lot of debt. They didn't have money to invest in keeping the stores up to date and competitive, since a lot of their revenue had to go to paying off on the debt. Other factors, like internet shopping and other competitors didn't help, but it seems the many causes were internal.

I was in the store many years ago, and I found it very hard to find what I was looking for. I went in to shop for holiday gifts for my nieces and nephews, when they were young. I didn't find much I wanted. Maybe it was there, but it wasn't arranged the way I would have done it, so I couldn't find enough to interest me.

It's always sad when these stores close. So many jobs lost.

Reactions: RuedeNesle