Dooney Pals Off-Topic Chat Thread

Hi everyone!! :wave: Hope you all are doing well. I have been taking a time-out with handbags but "just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!!" :lol: In the meantime, I have been buying shoes like a crazy person; I guess I traded one obsession for another. Happy springtime, y'all!!

Hi and welcome back! Missed you around here. We all need a little time out once in awhile...or time to make time for another obsession. Lol! It's nice to see you. [emoji4] Happy Springtime. [emoji255]

:roflmfao: Hey MB! Hope all is well with you. Of all things, it was Vera Bradley!! I just love the new spring patterns.

7e04184d-9373-484c-ae7d-1d1bd0c798d7_zpsbsmbikmp.jpg%7Eoriginal

f6228c01-e719-4d2e-b8a3-0a3dd49aa7f3_zpsiximcck7.jpg%7Eoriginal

And I have since purchased a Dooney Penelope tote and wallet from Bonton's Goodwill sale, a new summertime straw from Brighton, and a MK satchel on clearance at Macy's. :blush:

Thanks; I'm enjoying carrying a featherweight bag for a change! (And the "outfit" is my hangin'-out-at-the-house clothes, haha.) I have been trying to get caught up on some of the reveal threads, so I saw some of your new goodies... good job, GF!

I think that is my Apple Watch, but I have a Fitbit also and they are both black. I actually like the Fitbit better than the Apple, since I don't really use phone features or apps on that tiny screen. I prefer the Fitbit app to Apple Health or whatever it's called. Since I live in a 2-story house, I like that the Fitbit counts the times I climb the stairs...haha. (It doesn't take much to amuse me, lol.)

One thing I have enjoyed with the Apple watch is that Coach has introduced watchbands for them, and they are really cute. :biggrin:

Oh... and I posted Penelope in the Patterson tread, but here she is...

img_1492193224-756684-jpg.3667477

The VB bag looks great on you! There is something so nice to be said about a feather weight bag. I love Penelope too. That bag has really caught my eye after the TSV aired. I k is it's different leather, but I'm really liking the design now. I have a Patterson in my wish list.

The VB bag looks great on you! There is something so nice to be said about a feather weight bag. I love Penelope too. That bag has really caught my eye after the TSV aired. I k is it's different leather, but I'm really liking the design now. I have a Patterson in my wish list.
Hey girl! Thanks; I'm enjoying the VB. A few years ago I had several VB patterns and totes, but I got tired of them and moved on. Now I'm loving them again. Since almost everything I wear is a neutral solid color, the VBs add a nice "pop."

I also loved the TSV bag but I just couldn't do the saffiano, so when I saw Penelope I was hooked. It's such a comfortable bag to carry, and really easy to access my stuff. I got it for 30% off, free shipping and no tax, plus some rebate $$... so not too shabby. I'm sure the Pattersons will be at the outlets soon and you'll find a deal. :biggrin:

Hey girl! Thanks; I'm enjoying the VB. A few years ago I had several VB patterns and totes, but I got tired of them and moved on. Now I'm loving them again. Since almost everything I wear is a neutral solid color, the VBs add a nice "pop."

I also loved the TSV bag but I just couldn't do the saffiano, so when I saw Penelope I was hooked. It's such a comfortable bag to carry, and really easy to access my stuff. I got it for 30% off, free shipping and no tax, plus some rebate $$... so not too shabby. I'm sure the Pattersons will be at the outlets soon and you'll find a deal. :biggrin:

You know me too well! I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Dooney.com with the current discount...but might wait for the outlet. I'm also in a tote phase right now. I can't seem to get out of my Coach Tyler tote. It's so perfect. [emoji4]

I think some of the outlets have some of the Patterson line already. I got an email about a satchel at 40% off, from
the *******, CT outlet.

You know me too well! I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Dooney.com with the current discount...but might wait for the outlet. I'm also in a tote phase right now. I can't seem to get out of my Coach Tyler tote. It's so perfect. [emoji4]
Which color are you thinking of getting in the Penelope? I love the dandelion, but I chickened out at the last minute. :roflmfao: I absolutely love the strap treatment on those bags.

You know, I was at Dillard's a day or so ago and they have a Coach tote in the regular line that looks almost EXACTLY like the MFF Tyler. I was so surprised to see that. Usually they have the boutique version and later clone it for the outlets, but in this case the outlet bag came first! I haven't carried my Tyler in a while but I really like that bag.

ETA: Here it is; it's called the "Taylor." http://www.dillards.com/p/coach-taylor-tote-in-pebble-leather/506568603?di=04776172_zi_silver_peony&categoryId=-10005&facetCache=pageSize=96&beginIndex=0&orderBy=1

Last edited:
Hey Sarah!
Lovin' your new bags! The Brighton hobo is a perfect Spring/Summer bag, and you know I love MK satchels!
Thanks, Marcia. I have a long-standing love affair with Brighton straw bags and I couldn't resist the hobo. The MK was a fluke; I had been eyeing the Gucci satchel that is very similar, but when I saw this one on clearance for $134 I decided to save myself $1600. :roflmfao: (Also, I watched Ivana's video comparing her MK satchel to the Speedy, and I decided that the Gucci really isn't worth the investment to me. Thanks, Ivana!! :tup:)

Reactions: RuedeNesle