puteri

May 15, 2006
just noticed this on Dooney website :

http://store.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=22087

MG69_l.jpg

Croco Double Handle Shopper

MG69

L 4.5" W 16" H 13"

Genuine Alligator. Removable/adjustable strap. Strap drop length: 22". Lined. Nickel hardware. Made in Italy.

$4850.00

would you buy it?????

uhkiwi

O.G.
Sep 14, 2005
gorgeous, classic bag made in Italy and not a bad price for alligator...I really am tired of all the Dooney bashing. I may not be the biggest fan but they make some lovely, well priced and good uality bags and I wouldn't turn my nose at that lovely exotic skin:drool: I'd want to see it irl and compare with, say, Nancy Gonzalez

Lexie2000

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
It's beautiful...really.
But after my last Dooney purchase (a Vintage Sac) and I gave it as a gift to a friend) who BTW is a gentle bag user, I was never so embarrassed when she showed me all the threads around the handles pulled away and fell off after only a short time of use. I don't expect that from a 200 dollar + bag. So I have to admit I am sceptical of their quality now.
So...No, I would not buy a 4800 dollar bag from them.
But I still love alot of their designs and have a real soft spot for some of their Nile bags and Sig Anniversary bags.

Lexie2000

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
You should have your friend send the bag back to the factory. Dooney will repair the bag due to defect for free.

Will they repair it? From what I have read and heard they have really went downhill on their repair policy and that they hardly ever repair but just send you a coupon for 1/2 of the retail of that bag to go towards a new Dooney. That means she will have to pay money for her own present.

Anyone get repairs lately? Or deal with D&B in this regard?

Miss Sooky

Oct 22, 2006
No. Not because it's D&B, but because I don't buy non by-product skins.

Also, the skin doesn't appear to be well-placed on the bag. :shrugs: The larger scales are all off to one side.

I agree. Nice shape but strangely executed and just looks a bit wonky to me. Nothing to do with the name, I just think there are much sleeker models out there, I want to reach into my screen and have a good feel to see if this is just a dodgy photo. Then again, you think you'd make sure you'd got the best photo to market a bag that costs this much.