Dooney Florentine Derby Flap

hautedog!

May 22, 2010
Does anyone have the Florentine Derby flap? the Florentine leather is beautiful but the saddle brown flap looks like particle board type leather.. reconstituted from bits and pieces of leather. Look at the back of the flap leather , it looks like that,not a lovely suede that should be on the back of leather. what do you think? I wouldn't think that Dooney would use that crap leather.

Does anyone have the Florentine Derby flap? the Florentine leather is beautiful but the saddle brown flap looks like particle board type leather.. reconstituted from bits and pieces of leather. Look at the back of the flap leather , it looks like that,not a lovely suede that should be on the back of leather. what do you think? I wouldn't think that Dooney would use that crap leather.
Do you have this bag? Can you post pics? Or are you considering buying it preloved?

I don't have that bag. But somehow, it's familiar to me. I've probably seen similar leather
on other Dooney flap style handbags. They were very thick solid pieces of leather
with the underside being the raw leather. Saddle leather comes to mind.
If it doesn't please you, then return the handbag. But I think that overtime it
will get a bit softer. I actually think it is probably a higher quality leather, in technical
leather terms, than we see on many handbags.

I've been reading about leather
and handbags and most of what is used today isn't very high quality. That's one of the
reasons that Dooney Florentine and Alto leathers stand out for their quality is far above
other contemporary and fashion brands.

And..... your new bag is stunning!

Hautedog: I think the bag it reminds me of is the Elisa. That was a satchel with a similar flap.
The closure on the Elisa was different, but the flap leather elements look very similar.

I don't have that bag. But somehow, it's familiar to me. I've probably seen similar leather
on other Dooney flap style handbags. They were very thick solid pieces of leather
with the underside being the raw leather. Saddle leather comes to mind.
If it doesn't please you, then return the handbag. But I think that overtime it
will get a bit softer. I actually think it is probably a higher quality leather, in technical
leather terms, than we see on many handbags.

I've been reading about leather
and handbags and most of what is used today isn't very high quality. That's one of the
reasons that Dooney Florentine and Alto leathers stand out for their quality is far above
other contemporary and fashion brands.

And..... your new bag is stunning!
Thank-you!