Dooney FLORENTINE Clubhouse!!

Wow Its beautiful! You got an original with the leather key keeper! I have the exact same one so i know how rich the black leather is! Enjoy your new bag!
Yes I love love these bags. Yes!! Thank you! I was excited over the key keeper lol!! My other ones also have the leather key keepers. I have the medium florentine satchel in t moro brown and the medium florentine in natural. They age so beautifully. I couldn't pass this one up for $159!!!

Yes I love love these bags. Yes!! Thank you! I was excited over the key keeper lol!! My other ones also have the leather key keepers. I have the medium florentine satchel in t moro brown and the medium florentine in natural. They age so beautifully. I couldn't pass this one up for $159!!!
Fantastic deal!! Never got one thast good! How is the medium compared to the small? I have Tmoro Brown&pale blue minis, crimson&chestnut small but my black one :heart:there's something extra special, elegant about. I carry barlows so I like a large bag but the medium satchel size has scared me lol Only have seen in photos. Seems much easier zipper opening though.

Fantastic deal!! Never got one thast good! How is the medium compared to the small? I have Tmoro Brown&pale blue minis, crimson&chestnut small but my black one :heart:there's something extra special, elegant about. I carry barlows so I like a large bag but the medium satchel size has scared me lol Only have seen in photos. Seems much easier zipper opening though.
The small is just right. The medium is HUGE. I love them all the same though. I probably wont buy anymore mediums though. The small I am finding is my new favorite size. I did own a mini but was too small for me. I sold that one.
The medium is great in size when you have lots to carry but as you know these babies are heavy even when empty. When i do crossbody with it.. it feels like a messenger bag. 15 inches across the bottom is a lot of bag for little 5 foot me. The small is exactly my fit. I will still carry my mediums though. The zipper/ opening is awesome though on the medium. Full on view on all your items!

The medium Florentine satchel is beautiful... to look at. I own one. I can't lift it....
even empty. The small is the perfect size but the mini works for me too and it's
lighter. The names are misleading. As we know.... the mini is not a mini... it's really a
mid size handbag. And the small Flo satchel is a large handbag because it has a wide base.
The medium is an extra large. :smile:

Thank you both for your Medium satchel honest assessments! I thought as much. In some colors it looks like small luggage, others I think, hey I can deal with that! But as lavenderjunkie has said, consider function not just style. My small satchels are good for my 5'3" self. If I find those heavy at times....

Thank you both for your Medium satchel honest assessments! I thought as much. In some colors it looks like small luggage, others I think, hey I can deal with that! But as lavenderjunkie has said, consider function not just style. My small satchels are good for my 5'3" self. If I find those heavy at times....

And that is why my beautiful raspberry Florentine medium satchel sits in the closet...
never used. The medium is just too heavy for me. The 'size' looks good when I look in the mirror.
Years ago I saw an actress on TV with large, structured, high end handbags. The big bags looked
elegant and I realized, the relative proportion of a large bag against the body was flattering..
even to someone who was thin. A tiny bag makes a grown woman look larger it seems.

I should load that medium Flo satchel up now.... since these days my handbags don't get carried
past the front door of my home. That raspberry Flo should get some love and displaying
it (with my stuff inside) would help me get that 'cost per wear' number down a bit. :smile:

And that is why my beautiful raspberry Florentine medium satchel sits in the closet...
never used. The medium is just too heavy for me. The 'size' looks good when I look in the mirror.
Years ago I saw an actress on TV with large, structured, high end handbags. The big bags looked
elegant and I realized, the relative proportion of a large bag against the body was flattering..
even to someone who was thin. A tiny bag makes a grown woman look larger it seems.

I should load that medium Flo satchel up now.... since these days my handbags don't get carried
past the front door of my home. That raspberry Flo should get some love and displaying
it (with my stuff inside) would help me get that 'cost per wear' number down a bit. :smile:

Exactly! I saw an actress (I think Zoey Deschanel) in an all black outfit with a Natural Smith bag and I loved the whole ensemble. I'm a fan of medium to larger bags too proportionally. Some sadly just aren't as fun to carry with the weight, the way you like to carry your purses etc. But they sure look gorgeous and special!

Raspberry wow :amazed: That color is so rare! Load her up for sure! With your Floral slg would be like a beautiful rich leather flower garden! I need to get my cost per wear with a few that I was ignoring before the isolating. I won't sell them probably so I need to justify why I "had" to have other than " I don't have any other vices " lol

Reactions: asianbebydoll
Exactly! I saw an actress (I think Zoey Deschanel) in an all black outfit with a Natural Smith bag and I loved the whole ensemble. I'm a fan of medium to larger bags too proportionally. Some sadly just aren't as fun to carry with the weight, the way you like to carry your purses etc. But they sure look gorgeous and special!

Raspberry wow :amazed: That color is so rare! Load her up for sure! With your Floral slg would be like a beautiful rich leather flower garden! I need to get my cost per wear with a few that I was ignoring before the isolating. I won't sell them probably so I need to justify why I "had" to have other than " I don't have any other vices " lol

Handbag collecting is not a vice. It has no calories and isn't against any laws.
Handbag collecting is actually a very civic minded activity..... we keep so many people
employed, money flowing thru the economy, taxes for states and local gov't for important services
for the community, etc. :smile::smile::smile: And... we get to enjoy our purchases too! Over and over again.

As long as you can make the budget work.... and afford your handbag collecting 'hobby', then
enjoy it. Everyone spends money on something.... it's a question of what gives you pleasure
without having negative impacts on you or others.

Handbag collecting is not a vice. It has no calories and isn't against any laws.
Handbag collecting is actually a very civic minded activity..... we keep so many people
employed, money flowing thru the economy, taxes for states and local gov't for important services
for the community, etc. :smile::smile::smile: And... we get to enjoy our purchases too! Over and over again.

As long as you can make the budget work.... and afford your handbag collecting 'hobby', then
enjoy it. Everyone spends money on something.... it's a question of what gives you pleasure
without having negative impacts on you or others.

Thank you! Others have their hobbies is right! I mindfully include Dooney Florentine among mine :heart:

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
So question, my Florentine nano satchel in natural came in a week ago. I’ve noticed that it scratches very easily. I’m not sure that I can handle that because I’m OCD. What is DB a policy on this. I know I can’t be the first person with this issue. Any advice welcomed! I love the bag, but this might drive me nuts!

Coach gal: If you haven't used the handbag, both ILD and Dooney.com have 30 day return policies.
You complete a form online, print out a UPS label, send the handbag back, and Dooney will refund your purchase price less
$7.50+tax for the return shipping.

As for scratching, Florentine leather will scratch. Often, but not always, you can buff out the scratches
with your fingers or a soft cloth. It's the nature of this kind of leather... think saddlery and briefcases.
Over time, you will notice the scratches less as the leather takes on more of a patina (luster) from use.
But, Florentine leather scratches and since it's not coated or treated, light colors will pick up surface
dirt, stains, and color transfer.

However.... if the scratching is going to bother you, then this kind of leather isn't right for you.
Florentine may be top quality leather processed using natural dyes, etc, but that doesn't mean
it meets your needs.
Pebbled leather is much more resistant to showing wear and scratches.
And leather like Saffiano are also very hard wearing.

Each type of leather, from each manufacturer is different. And I think we have to separate
the notion of 'best' in technical leather terms from what works best of each of us.
Leathers that are thinner may not be as good quality, but they are lighter.
And coated leather like Saffiano are very durable. And sanded or buffed leathers have
a smooth surface, and embossed leather don't show wear the way smooth leather do.
There are lots of choices.