Dooney flo satchel Crossbody straps

HannaS1001

Feb 18, 2020
So I have a flo micro satchel , it’s a 3 part strap and it sits perfectly on me . My mini flo the crossbody strap is not a 3 part and it sits higher then I like. I have not checked my smalls yet.

Is there some standard formula Dooney determines which bag gets an appropriate length crossbody strap? Is just the micro?

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!
Aug 13, 2014
I'm not sure how Dooney decides on the strap length for different handbags.
Logically, the size of the bag and whether it has handles for primary carry
should be factors, but who knows.
And the strap widths can also be different... generally narrower for smaller bags.

But over time, Dooney has introduced the 3 part strap on models that previously
had only the 2 part strap. My older minis and small satchels only have 2 part straps.
So, depending upon when the specific bag you purchase was
manufactured, that might be a factor in the strap design and strap length.

If your bags are the same color then you can play around using whichever strap works best
for you. Also, some ladies double up a long strap to make it a short shoulder. There
are a number of ways to do this, with youtube videos. Some doubling techiniques
can put extra wear on the strap or the buckles, a factor if you use the bag a lot.

Reactions: HannaS1001

HannaS1001

Feb 18, 2020
Well this makes sense, and explains why different ppl have different responses. Dooney just says nothing lol

I like the longer crossbody , especially with the small satchels, even the minis can look too bulky if the crossbody strap is too short . I am going to look for a black Cameron guitar strap , that will match all the bags in question except for my mauve flo . I know good luck finding the black strap too lol I did find a website that does make Straps so that’s an option too

Aug 13, 2014
Hanna: a gold chain strap is another option. If it has a leather piece on top, it can be more comfortable
on the shoulder. Chain straps are currently very fashionable. I prefer all leather straps, but,
others love chain straps and they are available in many places. Just remember the Florentine satchels
have brushed hardware, and so a shiny gold strap won't be an exact match.

Also, you can take a strap in a different leather and use it on a Florentine handbag..... expecially if we
are talking about a black strap. It's likely to 'match' pretty well. Some Dooney bags in black/black
have all black straps. I recently got the black/black Darcy and the black nylon double pocket satchel.
Both have long 3 part straps and I plan to use them on lots of different black bags.
With the current ILD sales, you might find a treasure at a great price that has a black strap you
can use on other handbags.

Aug 13, 2014
You have Lots of good ideas and I found this site that seems to have some promise https://www.mautto.com/products
I've heard of that site, but never ordered from them.
Good luck on your hunt.

BTW, on youtube, a gal named Autumn Beckman did some recent
videos about handbag accessories... straps, tassels, etc.
She showed a lot of items from one company and she seemed pleased with
their stuff. There was a discount code and she probably has some form of
relationship with them. But.... overall, her videos seem very credible and she
is open about any relationships she may have with companies who send her
stuff to evaluate. It's the way of the YT world.

Nice to know there are companies that specialize in handbag accessories....
hopefully you will find what you need, at a decent price, from a reliable
company.

HannaS1001

Feb 18, 2020
Someone mentioned chain strap extenders or o rings made for bags on Etsy. I don’t love the o rings but some of the chain extenders are cute. I don’t really know what to do lol

Aug 13, 2014
Hanna: chains as part of shoulder straps are very fashionable now.... as decorative elements.
Many handbags have chain elements as part of their handles and straps
(I have several Coach handbags that are done this way).
The chain adds an element of jewelry and shine to an otherwise functional element
of the handbag.

Chain additions can be very attractive and as a way to extend the length of a strap,
it seems like a clever idea.

Things that cross my mind: the chain can add weight to the strap, the chain has
to look nice: and it can't be too narrow compared to the existing handbag strap/clips,
and it should be the right 'color' to match the metal on the bag. When choosing...
focus on the look as well as the function/attachment/length. That way, when you look at
it you will feel good about the improvement you made.

HannaS1001

Feb 18, 2020
I never thought about the weight added. I did think about the width and color, I didn’t want a leather strap because I need to match 3 bags lol I could do a multi color nylon