Dooney Deals... Chat

If anyone out there likessteel blue, Macy's has marked down the Amelie satchel in steel blue. With the Friends and Family discount, it's under $150. They call it the "small," but I think it's the regular size. To the best of my knowledge, they didn't have the mini (which is known as the "small." At least I hope so! Because I got so excited that I ordered one for pickup. ( Now I'm wondering what to wear with it. You only get 15 minutes to cancel.)

MCY

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/dooney-bourke-florentine-amelie-small-leather-tote?ID=9408062

If anyone out there likessteel blue, Macy's has marked down the Amelie satchel in steel blue. With the Friends and Family discount, it's under $150. They call it the "small," but I think it's the regular size. To the best of my knowledge, they didn't have the mini (which is known as the "small." At least I hope so! Because I got so excited that I ordered one for pickup. ( Now I'm wondering what to wear with it. You only get 15 minutes to cancel.)

MCY

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/dooney-bourke-florentine-amelie-small-leather-tote?ID=9408062
Thanks. I recently got the 'regular size' Amelie from Dooney. And I think it's a small-medium sized bag. Much smaller than the large Amelie (which I also have). It's an adorable handbag, but the depth isn't very big, and with the other dimensions on the lower end, I have to downsize to get my things in.... smaller wallet, smaller cosmetic case. I'm tempted to look at the one on Macy's..... I want a steel blue Flo.... but I think I should hold out for something bigger.

Reactions: starbucksqueen
Thanks. I recently got the 'regular size' Amelie from Dooney. And I think it's a small-medium sized bag. Much smaller than the large Amelie (which I also have). It's an adorable handbag, but the depth isn't very big, and with the other dimensions on the lower end, I have to downsize to get my things in.... smaller wallet, smaller cosmetic case. I'm tempted to look at the one on Macy's..... I want a steel blue Flo.... but I think I should hold out for something bigger.
I almost got the large Amelie in oyster/ecru, whatever that is. Also sale priced, but a real disaster waiting to happen. Haven't picked mine up yet and just hope it's not pebbled. Even though it's a "small to medium," I hope to fit a small umbrella--something I can't do with my Selleria flap.

Just purchased the Small Florentine Satchel in Steel Blue, which I have been wanting for awhile. :yahoo: I was toggling between buying it at Macys during their 30% off Friends and Family Sale and off the D&B website, with making the Dooney Pays. I decided on the Dooney Pay option because I figure it's less stress on my CC. I figured I was only saving about $23 anyway.

I know these are considered Deals for Men, but I easily would carry some of them. The travel bags are definitely unisex. Some nice deals here. (Not a frilly girly type. More of classic style.)

https://www.dooney.com/mens-deal-of-the-day/?pg=3&sz=48&start=0&contentTilesSlotCounter=4
I buy the Dooney credit card holder or credit card cases that they feature as part of a men's collection. I'd buy them in girly colors too, if they made them that way. Meanwhile, black, dark brown, natural, navy work for me....as long as I like the leather and the size/function/organization of the item. Some things are unisex.... good leather accessories can work for lots of people.
The designs Dooney has done for the men's collection for credit cards is more streamlined and functional than some of the women's items.... the Emerson zip credit card holder, for example. The Emerson is not only bulky, but it's hard to get cards to fit. The gussets make it non functional for me.

Well, it's interesting. They actually started off with men's pieces. Guess they saw that there was more money to be made in handbags and everything that matched with it.

I don't do matchy matchy with accessories. It's way too much trouble to swap items out. There's more of a chance of forgetting something you really need. It's also cheaper go with neutrals that go with everything, clean easier, and won't date themselves in a season or two. There a lot of pieces that appeal to me in the Coach line as well. (O/T. I think they may be having a good sale soon as well.)

Well, it's interesting. They actually started off with men's pieces. Guess they saw that there was more money to be made in handbags and everything that matched with it.

I don't do matchy matchy with accessories. It's way too much trouble to swap items out. There's more of a chance of forgetting something you really need. It's also cheaper go with neutrals that go with everything, clean easier, and won't date themselves in a season or two. There a lot of pieces that appeal to me in the Coach line as well. (O/T. I think they may be having a good sale soon as well.)

SBQ: sales are good. :smile:

Reactions: starbucksqueen
Cameron satchel lovers, red is currently available on ILD. Snatched it up last night as I've called corp & waited, & waited months. Last purchade now till next Christmas. I promise.
Of the road to purgatory is paved with.......

Edited typos :doh:

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Who’s seen the new sizes in the Florentine satchel? Micro and Mini, I think. Well, I haven’t been checking for Dooney in a few months, but needless to say I’m excited!! I bought a beautiful satchel a few years ago and returned it because it just seemed too big and bulky.

Who’s seen the new sizes in the Florentine satchel? Micro and Mini, I think. Well, I haven’t been checking for Dooney in a few months, but needless to say I’m excited!! I bought a beautiful satchel a few years ago and returned it because it just seemed too big and bulky.
I haven't seen them in person. But there is a YouTube video that compares all the sizes. It was done in the last few months by someone who purchased them. Also QVC had one of the new smaller sizes, along with the medium, on a show about a month ago. The host (Courtney) gave the measurements and commented that even for a small handbag, it would hold a full size wallet. You might want to watch the videos to get a better feel for the size.

Years ago I bought the Mini size Flo satchel. I have several of them and considered the Mini to be a good medium sized satchel. The wide base on the satchel makes all the difference in how much it can hold. Just be aware that the zipper opening will be short and also the height of the bag will be limited, so you items must be stored horizontally, not vertically...meaning you can't stack things on top of each other, either.