Dooney Deals and Sales Chat

Aug 13, 2014
Since we are not supposed to 'chat' in the Dooney Deals thread, I thought I'd start
a chat thread. I know there was one in the past, but it's buried.

After resisting buying another handbag to add to my always growing handbag
collection, I have weakened again. (I haven't bought a handbag since Jan)

This week I added an Ostrich Zip Zip and a Dillen drawstring to my collection.
Some of the Ostrich zip zip colors were priced below $100 on ILD with the current sale.
How could I resist? And the grass green Dillen drawstring has been taunting me
for months.... so I gave in. The styling and quality on the Dillen drawstring is so much
nicer than the current 'pebbled' leather drawstring collection.... in my opinion.
Once these Dillen styles are gone, I don't think we will see them again in Dillen leather.
Dillen leather is so much thicker and more lux than generic pebbled leather.

Reactions: Brendutch
PF: Dooney had 2 Dillen collections. The first was Dillen, the second after the first was retired was
Dillen 2 (or II). The Dillen collections were a thick lightly pebbled leather with contrasting vachetta trim.
Some had dark brown or ginger colored vachetta trim, and some had lighter, honey/caramel colored trim.
The linings were the heavy weight woven fabric, either red/white or tan/white. The Dillen 2 collection
duck logo is a square with a cut out duck. It's one of my favorite Dooney logos. Some bags in
the collection had hangtags with cut out ducks.

The leather used in the Dillen collections was thicker/better than the generic 'pebbled' leather Dooney
handbags. I don't know if the Dillen leather was naturally pebbled, I think it was.
The Dillen leather is relatively smooth with a very light pebbling. Dillen leather handbags can
be weighty.... similar to the weight of Florentine bags. The leather used in the Dillen collections
is not a coated leather.

At one time Dooney had a sister collection, called Portofino. It used the same leather
as the Dillen collection, but the trim on Portofino was natural, undyed vachetta leather.
Even the SLGs including wallets in the Portofino collection were lined with undyed vachetta
leather. Stunning to look at until you put money inside and the undyed vachetta lining on
the wallet was no longer pristine.
The styles in the Dillen collection were more classic and the Portofino styles were a little
more modern.

Any other questions.... :smile: ?

That sums it up nicely. I have two Dillens that are the original with leather tags and not the cut out duck logo...I do have a Dillen II wristlet that I really like with the metal cut out duck....I think I need to go ahead and spray the trims...as it looks like flo natural tone leather.....thanks for the history lesson. Makes me appreciate them more!

Hello! I just bought another Dooney...:angel: All I needed was a very smart email, sent by Dooney, telling me that the Tulip Shopper in natural was almost gone. I used the code provided for Mother's Day. :panic:

Reactions: Lunalark
Happy shopping. I wish I had a Dillards some where near me.
Dillards seems to have great sales on Dooney and on Brahmin handbags.
And they also have unique styles.... either the leathers used or the colors offered.
If you buy any treasures, please share so we can enjoy your finds too. :smile:

Reactions: BadWolf10
June 2, ILD Bag of the Month
Large Pebbled Leather Shopper $99,
code JUNE

It comes in lots of colors, has long strappy handles and
an outside large zipper pocket, and a zip top opening.
Base of bag is not too deep.
A cousin to the Small Lexington Shopper, for those who
like that style.

Hey all!!! LJ love the thread!

I went to the regular mall the other day, first time in months. I was walking through Macy's and there were NO Dooney bags.... the Macy's website has very few as well. I was wondering if Macy's is dropping Dooney. With so many online options, we can shop other retailers, but have you heard about any retailers dropping Dooney?

Hey all!!! LJ love the thread!

I went to the regular mall the other day, first time in months. I was walking through Macy's and there were NO Dooney bags.... the Macy's website has very few as well. I was wondering if Macy's is dropping Dooney. With so many online options, we can shop other retailers, but have you heard about any retailers dropping Dooney?
Yep. My local Macy's stopped selling Dooney a few months ago. I'm extremely sad because it was the only place I could buy them . Now I have to order them online only. :sad:

Yep. My local Macy's stopped selling Dooney a few months ago. I'm extremely sad because it was the only place I could buy them . Now I have to order them online only. :sad:
I wonder why they decided to stop selling Dooney..... I'm sorry you don't have a local store. The online buying process is great IF you know what you want. There is something nice about shopping in person though.

Reactions: OJane and Brendutch