Dooney & Bourke = ew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this will be a topic that will never die.

I used to think that LV was classic, chic and elegant, but I don't like the attitude that some have toward LV. It is the same attitude that some have towards D and B or Coach.

We all really do need to agree to disagree. Otherwise, we'll be fighting an endless battle that no one will ever win.

Just my own opinion! :whistle:

I have never owned a D&B but think they are fine bags for the price range. Where else can you get a quality bag in such a variety of styles and shapes for $200?

If you like them, carry them. No, I don't want the ones with bees and hearts but I do like their new Crossword line.

Sure, I prefer my Pradas and Bbag but Dooney still has a place in the market and more power to them.

Attachments

• dooneycrosswordcesto.jpg
    dooneycrosswordcesto.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 310
  • dooneycrosswords medium domed.jpg
    dooneycrosswords medium domed.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 299
My first introduction into the world of designer handbags was a Dooney & Bourke It Barrel bag in grape, given to me by my then boyfriend (now DH). It was $155 and he was like, damn, that's a lot for a purse! I was 20 at the time. I feel like Dooney is a starter brand for a lot of people who probably couldn't fathom spending $100 on a handbag. But some people move farther up on the handbag scale. Some choose to never spend more than that and will carry their It bag for years, and more power to them. It's a personal choice.

Personally, I don't want to be a walking billboard for a designer anymore, so I won't buy a bag that is covered in a logo print. I don't care how "upscale" it is, I'm not carrying a DB print, C print, LV print, or any kind of print all over a bag. Spending $1000 on monogrammed canvas IMO seems ridiculous. But like I said, to each their own. I carry all-leather bags, Coach has been my latest love but I can see myself moving on to a different brand if I see one that strikes my fancy. And that includes Dooney, if they put out something I like.

The original poster (who has since been banned) was obviously a forum troll and it's so obvious that he or she started this thread for no other reason than to be derisive. Why hasn't this thread been closed already?

all of their bags are gross

Do you really have to be so rude? I'm not a fan of a lot of bags, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they're "gross" or "nasty." Comments like these just make the people who like those brands feel bad, and that's NOT what PF is about. It's fine not to like something, but no need to be so harsh about it.

Wow, I am really surprised at how many of you express such hatred toward D&B:wtf:. This is a brand that has been around for a long time, and that tons of people still love and carry with pride. I wouldn't waste my energy hating any bag...even the ugliest bag has never tripped an old lady or kicked a puppy or started a war. It is, after all, just a bag.

I don't hate D&B, but I don't care for most of their stuff any more. For years they were classic, but as I got older and their bags got younger, I simply moved on. The only one I have kept is, I think, very nice. It is the Alto Zip-Zip Satchel in Ivy:

DB061112 056.jpg

It is very similar in size and shape to my LV Alma. It is okay for you to hate it, but you don't have to say so:nogood:. I think it is pretty.

They aren't my style at all, but that's okay. We're all different.

My friend who never in her entire life put any thought or money into a handbag bought a D&B the other day at Nordstrom's. She spent a lot of time in front of the mirror trying to choose between two styles. She also bought a wallet. I was very happy for her. She actually said to me she did it "because I'm worth it". I am thrilled she is taking an interest in how she presents herself. D&B served as a great introduction into her world of caring about her appearance and accessories.:yes:

Leelee, that is a cool story. As I read it, I pictured my Mom:love:. She is awesome, but spends all her money, time, and energy on others. I should really take her out for a shopping day. I'm pretty sure she has never set foot in a Nordstrom, and I know she has never had a purse over $30.00:rolleyes:.

The original poster (who has since been banned) was obviously a forum troll and it's so obvious that he or she started this thread for no other reason than to be derisive. Why hasn't this thread been closed already?

I have to agree...I'd like to see this closed, too. This is a place where men and women from all over the world come to talk about their love for bags, not their hate! Some comments that can come from threads like this can be very hurtful, and to those who can only afford to spend less than what it costs for some other high end bags can take those comments way to personally.

I'd like to see this place welcoming everyone's passion for "the bag". Who cares what brand it is! We all have love for certain brands, even those that aren't considered a designer brand name...if that is what tPF was meant to be, it would say "shallow obsessing of designer bags"...and I really don't think that was the intent. If I am wrong, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.