Dooney backorder?

D

Deleted 730019

I have like 4 items on back order....does anyone know if the time lines move forward or stay with what Dooney has projected? Or just get canceled LOL

PF: any of the above. If they expect them to come in, they will stay back ordered.
If they find they don't have the stock and don't have an order planned, they will cancel
and refund your money. But there is no way to predict what will happen or the timing.
If you get tired of waiting, or don't want to wait at all, you can call them and cancel
and get a refund.
It's not likely the CS rep will really know what the future is for that item.

I have had a denim Florentine small satchel backordered since May 15th. The status has changed numerous times! The latest expected ship date is November 15th. Keep your fingers crossed!!! C~
Good luck. Sometimes these back orders show up on your door step.
Sometimes Dooney will cancel them. We've all heard about the
supply chain and shipping issues..... so keep your fingers crossed.
It sounds like Dooney is expecting the shipment.

Good luck. Sometimes these back orders show up on your door step.
Sometimes Dooney will cancel them. We've all heard about the
supply chain and shipping issues..... so keep your fingers crossed.
It sounds like Dooney is expecting the shipment.
Thanks for the reply. Well it has changed from 11/15 to “notify Me”, this has happened so many times! I will wait until after the 15th and then cancel. They never forget to hit my credit card every week for the amount. I’m just sick of it!!

Hello all,
Hope all is well. This is an old post but it looks like nothing's changed. My friend wanted me to help her find and affordable small black wallet that wasn't PVC. She wanted decent zippers and enough slots. She just didn't want to pay $100 for a wallet. And I decided to help her after she asked. I Love Dooney has had their Sale Away away promotion. So I bit.
I purchased one black and one red small Florentine wallet. With the promotion, they were $49 a piece. At the time there were no notices that there was a limited quantity. I placed my order through PayPal. That was around the 4th of July. I have received no ema. il from ILD. They did take the money. I know when I decided to go back and check the order. It says that the items are on backorder and quantity was canceled. I had went back to the website and it said they had 10 of the black. And nothing was said about the red item. I understand that there can be glitches with websites and it's not the end of the world if they don't send it. If they don't want to sell them at that price, then they shouldn't offer them. And if they do cancel an item, the buyer should be notified immediately and the purchase price refunded in a timely manner. I hadn't purchased anything from ILD in nearly 3 years. I knew enough not to do pre-orders. People have complained that Dooney would charge credit cards forever while items are on backorder. FYI: Rebecca Minkoff and Coach are not much better. In the case of Dooney, they can't blame it on lack of workers. They had issues long before the pandemic in terms of customer service.

In my experience, if they have determined that they won't be able to ship the item,
they will automatically credit your credit card/paypal for the amount you paid.
And I've sometimes gotten a confirming email that the item was cancelled.... not always.
It may take a few weeks while they sort out if the item is really just delayed a bit
and coming in soon or not. And the info on their online system is often out of date
and confusing.

Yes, back orders can be a problem from ILD. But give it some time before getting
too upset. July 4 was only a week ago, and the only thing they seem to do rapidly
is bill your credit card as soon as the order is placed.

If you want to cancel, since the item is noted back order in your order history,
customer service will generally be able to cancel your order. But.... don't believe them
if they tell you they expect to get stock soon. CS doesn't seem to have access to
this info.