Dooney and Bourke on HSN

Jan 3, 2013
Well, this caught my eye, While scrolling through my channel listings looking for something totally unrelated to handbags, I spotted this listing. Dooney and Bourke on HSN. Sunday evening at 6:00. Looks like they're starting to sell on HSN now also. I wonder if they will be the same bags that we see on the Q? Also I wonder if Sue or Ashley will be presenting them, or someone else?

I almost never buy from QVC and never watch HSN, but you know I'll record it just to see!

Reactions: RuedeNesle
That surprises me. First, I wonder if Dooney is leaving the Q; can the same brand have contracts with multiple shopping networks?

The other thing is, while I haven't shopped with HSN in many years, from seeing clips as I scroll through channels I've gotten the impression that they have been pushing a more consciously trendy aesthetic that doesn't really mesh with Dooney's more traditionalist/Equestrian style. QVC seems to design its other programming in a way that meshes better with Dooney.

Reactions: BaguetteBlonde
Well, this caught my eye, While scrolling through my channel listings looking for something totally unrelated to handbags, I spotted this listing. Dooney and Bourke on HSN. Sunday evening at 6:00. Looks like they're starting to sell on HSN now also. I wonder if they will be the same bags that we see on the Q? Also I wonder if Sue or Ashley will be presenting them, or someone else?

I almost never buy from QVC and never watch HSN, but you know I'll record it just to see!
Wow! I will check this out :smile:. Thanks for the info and enjoy your Saturday:smile:.

I think QVC brought HSN or it's the other way around ? I always felt like QVC has more stylish fun trendy options , while HSN does not. I have noticed that some of the bags sold on QVC end up at donkeys factory sale in dec.

Thanks for the info! HSN's program guide said the guest for the shows (two, one hour shows) will be Amanda Powell. I'm curious to see who she is.

Reactions: BaguetteBlonde
I think QVC brought HSN or it's the other way around ? I always felt like QVC has more stylish fun trendy options , while HSN does not. I have noticed that some of the bags sold on QVC end up at donkeys factory sale in dec.
Yes, there is a relationship there. If I remember correctly, QVC bought HSN. I have noticed that the Q has gotten some new product that I wouldn’t have expected them to carry. Seems like the products are transferring in both directions.

Yes, there is a relationship there. If I remember correctly, QVC bought HSN. I have noticed that the Q has gotten some new product that I wouldn’t have expected them to carry. Seems like the products are transferring in both directions.
I like seeing more Dooney. Id love to see more stores carry the brand such as Nordstrom, Bloomies, etc. Macys doesn’t carry an in-depth line.

I missed the beginning so I still don't know who Amanda is as far as if she represents Dooney or she's just a stylist on HSN. But the host just asked her what the duck logo represents, and she didn't know. She said something like, "It's just always been what they used." No reference to the All Weather Leather. If you're taping the show it's during the croco drawstring bag presentation. I know this is the first show and there's a learning curve. I'm just surprised if she is representing Dooney that she doesn't know why they use a duck logo.

Reactions: DaffodilDuck
I missed the beginning so I still don't know who Amanda is as far as if she represents Dooney or she's just a stylist on HSN. But the host just asked her what the duck logo represents, and she didn't know. She said something like, "It's just always been what they used." No reference to the All Weather Leather. If you're taping the show it's during the croco drawstring bag presentation. I know this is the first show and there's a learning curve. I'm just surprised if she is representing Dooney that she doesn't know why they use a duck logo.
I saw it and thought the same thing!
They should let us represent Dooney:smile:.