Dooney and Bourke Alto colors

The Saddle color on the website looks more "orangey" than it is IRL. I've seen the Saddle color as my friend owns one, and it appears more like a dark cognac color. The 2 Altos I own are the natural vachetta, and I love the way they darken (quickly) naturally.

Any updates on this purchase? A reveal?

yes, OP, did you get any new D&B?

Not yet. I sent a bag in for credit last Monday, now I just have to play the waiting game until I get the credit in the mail. So hopefully by the first week of February I'll have my new Dooney. I've decided on the Alto N/S Janine in Mushroom. And don't worry, I'll be so excited I'll be sure to post a reveal!

I have a question on the Alto line. Does it scratch up easily? I think I had one years ago and can't remember how well it held up. I'm debating on the zip zip satchel in mushroom or the zip zip in croco.
What do you think???
Thanks!

^I'm curious to know how this leather wears, too. Although it seems like the type that would look better broken in with some scratches and whatnot.

louislover, can't wait to see your new bag...Mushroom looks like a lovely color.

I had an Alto bag from the original Alto line which had more of a pebble to the leather. So I'm no help. I would imagaine since it's Vachetta leather you could just wipe scratches away with your thumb? I'm hoping at least! It's been YEARS since I've seen one of the new Alto's IRL.

Linlylee, I vote for the Alto in mushroom! It's gorgeous!

Thanks Kimalee! I can't wait either!

The 2 Altos I own are the natural vachetta, and I love the way they darken (quickly) naturally.

I love the natural leather! It ages so well!
What ever happened to it anyways?? I don't see it listed on the D&B website...

My Alto wallet after 4-ish years.

At first the stratches can be rubbed out but after a while any newer scratches will begin to set in. Personally I think the wallet looks better that way.

Ps... sorry for the bad photos!!

Attachments

• Photo 13.jpg
    Photo 13.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 473
  • Photo 12.jpg
    Photo 12.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 346