Don't you want your LVs to be a little bit MORE special?!

Nanciii

Jun 12, 2014
Hello all LV lovers, don't we LOVE to talk about our love for handbags all day long? lol

Ever since I bought my first LV back in April 2013, I knew I was hooked, now I have developed a small but very cheerful collection and each one of them are so very special to me, BUT (there is always a but) don't you want your handbags to be a little more special??!! By either adding an accessory to it, personalizing it with your initials or by getting a limited edition?

So, for my upcoming Bday, I decided to take it to the next level, to make it my OWN and fellow LV lovers, I need your advices~!!! (like always)

Please vote which you think is the most speical:

1. Ikat NF--Indian Rose (I know the waiting list is long, but luckily I found a preloved one in excellent condition)

2. Mon Mono Speedy with your initials (I have a lot of questions about mon monos and I have been doing my research)

3. Adding a bag charm on your bag

4. Hotstamping your bag

5. Adding a luggage tag with your initials on

6. Any new ideas? I'm open to all suggestions

Thank you all in advance, and please feel free to share your bag/ beautiful designs/ alteration on the bag you feel proud of, I'd like to see a lot of pictures and stories~!!!!

Love you all~!!!

I will talk you out of ikat nf.
You can read all about the drama in the ikat clubhouse ... I have/had two, RI MM & RV GM.
RV gm'a straps completely melted to where they couldn't fix and I have RI mm in repair with same issue. There are so many other ladies dealing with the same issue with melting straps one year after we purchased. The lining of ikat NF ruined my vernis cosmetic case as well, along with strap ruined my clothes.
I would go with something else other than ikat nf, they are pretty....but too much issue!

I will talk you out of ikat nf.

You can read all about the drama in the ikat clubhouse ... I have/had two, RI MM & RV GM.

RV gm'a straps completely melted to where they couldn't fix and I have RI mm in repair with same issue. There are so many other ladies dealing with the same issue with melting straps one year after we purchased. The lining of ikat NF ruined my vernis cosmetic case as well, along with strap ruined my clothes.

I would go with something else other than ikat nf, they are pretty....but too much issue!

See? That's what I'm talking about, if I didn't ask for advices here I would never know this~! Thank you very much for sharing~!!

But I still have some questions:

1. What do you mean by strap melted?

2. When you say the lining ruined your vernis piece and strap ruined your clothes, do you mean colour transfers?

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

My vote is for a bag charm. That's what I did with my bags. I have one item that is hot stamped (my ZCW) and I love it but I've heard too many horror stories on hot stamping and I wouldn't want to take the chance of my bag getting ruined.

I love option 2 and 4. What about a cute bandeau? You can use it to decorate your bag and for yourself! I have the leopard bandeau and I LVOE it. You can always wait until October so you can see the new bags or accessories. I'm waiting or one myself :smile:

See? That's what I'm talking about, if I didn't ask for advices here I would never know this~! Thank you very much for sharing~!!

But I still have some questions:

1. What do you mean by strap melted?

2. When you say the lining ruined your vernis piece and strap ruined your clothes, do you mean colour transfers?

When you get a chance, read on from this page to the end of clubhouse. More and more members are having this same issue.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/the-im-krazy-for-ikat-floral-club-810764-110.html

I'm not the only one with the same problems, unfortunately.
Ikat nf's pretty flower lining is very rough compare to other canvas bags, it almost worked as sandpaper on my then brand new vernis makeup bag, it scraped off the vernis leather. LV couldn't or do anything about it.
I got a store credit for ikat nf RV gm - but for the price I paid for. Some member got increased amount of store credit...and seems like some member didn't even get free repair.
But anyways, since I already have roses nf & DE nf, I am ok without ikat NFs. I still haven't heard anything about my other ikat nf which is in repair right now along with my emp speedy and emp wallet. :sad:
I like to accessorize my bags with bag charms. :smile: I have 4 LV bag charms right now. I tend to use the same pink flower charm I bought along with ikat nf. Until recently I bought laduree macaroon charm, I love it!!! So cute, I have some LV luggage tags, but I never use them. Another thing I used to wear in my bags were vernis heart coin purses, I used to get compliments on them! :smile:

When you get a chance, read on from this page to the end of clubhouse. More and more members are having this same issue.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/the-im-krazy-for-ikat-floral-club-810764-110.html

I'm not the only one with the same problems, unfortunately.

Ikat nf's pretty flower lining is very rough compare to other canvas bags, it almost worked as sandpaper on my then brand new vernis makeup bag, it scraped off the vernis leather. LV couldn't or do anything about it.

I got a store credit for ikat nf RV gm - but for the price I paid for. Some member got increased amount of store credit...and seems like some member didn't even get free repair.

But anyways, since I already have roses nf & DE nf, I am ok without ikat NFs. I still haven't heard anything about my other ikat nf which is in repair right now along with my emp speedy and emp wallet. :sad:

I like to accessorize my bags with bag charms. :smile: I have 4 LV bag charms right now. I tend to use the same pink flower charm I bought along with ikat nf. Until recently I bought laduree macaroon charm, I love it!!! So cute, I have some LV luggage tags, but I never use them. Another thing I used to wear in my bags were vernis heart coin purses, I used to get compliments on them! :smile:

Wow, I read about 7 pages...7 pages of horror stories....

But the bag is so beautiful, the strap melted is it because of the hot weather? Will it be better in the winter?

I'd start with 5 to see how you feel about it since it's still cute but not permanent. You can always use that somewhere else. If you are comfortable with it, go with 2 or 4. I think it's really cool to have a bag made with custom colors that are special to you and personalized with your initials. I really love my Mon Mono NF, it's one of my favorite bags.

I say adding your own bag charm. Too many people use the LV charms so is more special if you have a charm from somewhere else. I like doing bows. Can always change it for a new look with color.