Don't you hate when you compliment someone's bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a stranger at the grocery store started asking me questions about my luxury bag or next bag purchase I'd assume they're trying to determine whether I'm worth mugging in the parking lot.

When I was in Vegas that happened to me. I was in the bathroom in Caesar's Palace and someone said I love your handbag, let me see the inside. It was an LV and I clutched my bag and ran out. She/he (trans) was definitely about to snatch my bag and run.

When I was in Vegas that happened to me. I was in the bathroom in Caesar's Palace and someone said I love your handbag, let me see the inside. It was an LV and I clutched my bag and ran out. She/he (trans) was definitely about to snatch my bag and run.
If she was in the women's restroom and presented as female, the right pronoun is she. My mom always says that the little old lady in a wheelchair (or in this case the woman in the bathroom!) is just as likely to commit a crime as the burly young man you meet in the dark alley! I'd run too if some lady asked me to open my bag!

If she was in the women's restroom and presented as female, the right pronoun is she. My mom always says that the little old lady in a wheelchair (or in this case the woman in the bathroom!) is just as likely to commit a crime as the burly young man you meet in the dark alley! I'd run too if some lady asked me to open my bag!

Don't try to turn my comment into something it is not. This was a man in a wig pretending to be a women for the sole purpose of a disguise to rob people. I'm not so naive as to think he was hanging out in the bathroom just to compliment nice handbags. He was just standing there looking for a mark. Maybe you are not familiar with Vegas but the thousands of homeless prey on unsuspecting tourists.

Don't try to turn my comment into something it is not. This was a man in a wig pretending to be a women for the sole purpose of a disguise to rob people. I'm not so naive as to think he was hanging out in the bathroom just to compliment nice handbags. He was just standing there looking for a mark. Maybe you are not familiar with Vegas but the thousands of homeless prey on unsuspecting tourists.

What a nasty thing to say.
That one person may have been looking for a mark but that does not mean all the homeless are thieves.
Vegas is full of thieves, pickpockets and con artists.
Most of them are not homeless. Most make quite a good living.
I lived in Vegas for almost 5 years so I know what I'm talking about.

What a nasty thing to say.
That one person may have been looking for a mark but that does not mean all the homeless are thieves.
Vegas is full of thieves, pickpockets and con artists.
Most of them are not homeless. Most make quite a good living.
I lived in Vegas for almost 5 years so I know what I'm talking about.

No one said ALL homeless people. Get real.

Some of ya'll are so extra. My aunt lives in Vegas and she has had her purse snatched 4 times and the police don't even try to find out who did it. I wouldn't have let anyone (man, woman, boy, girl, homeless, rich, grandma, handicapped or toddler) that I don't know look inside my purse either.

I witnessed a purse snatching walking down the Strip in Vegas. It was 10 years ago but I'm more observant of my surroundings now. The struggle is real [emoji15]

Ok geez, I forgot all about this thread then randomly came back on and it's 12 pages long! All I meant was that it was annoying I complimented a fake bag because in a way it felt like I was encouraging it. Am I embarrassed or annoyed I got duped? Lol no. There are very good fakes out there and regardless, I only glanced at it for a second as I had said.

I don't give two hoots if someone doesnt want to buy real LV or have the money for it. But yes I judge if they knowingly buy a fake and either try and pretend it's real, or laugh and brag that it's a knock off and imply those that buy the real thing are idiots. Would I be rude to the person though? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.