Don't you hate seller who ....

nkng

Nov 3, 2010
I notice there is another thread about buyers, so I made one about the seller.

My turn:

I hate sellers who blamed me for ruining their bags when in fact it is already ruined prior shippping!

I hate sellers whom I returned the bag to, said its fake. & wouldn't refund me. How can they not recognized their own bag!!!?

^^ and tell other buyers that "the winner didn't pay".

I hate sellers who ask me to leave positive feedback before I receive items.
I once had a seller who kept asking me to do so even he was totally ignoring my massage asking when he shipped the item. It's turned out he didn't mail it for 20 days after the payment. He had quite a few negatives. Go figure!

OP, your seller sounds awful, those problems were solved?

- list shoes with the box and then do not include the box in the shipment.
- do not inspect well and state in their auction that the article of clothing does not have any snags, holes, stains, or spots, and when it arrives it does have snags, holes, stains, or spots. Chips, flea bites, cracks, etc. goes here too.
- do not list adequate descriptions in their listings. I need to know if the trousers are low, mid, or high rise and the inseam length. Whether or not they are boot-cut, wide-leg, straight-leg, or skinny-leg also helps if the photos are horrible. Knowing if it needs to be dry cleaned or is machine wash is also important.
- do not wash/dry clean clothing before selling it and do not list it as dirty laundry in their listing.
- list used items as new items.
- use one blurry photo, all blurry photos, or no photos at all.
- try to pass knock-offs as 100% authentic.
- list out of stock items.
- shill and re-list right away.
- significantly overcharge for shipping and handling when I know it doesn't cost that much even if they live in the sticks and have to drive to the PO or to get tape, boxes, and packing material that is not for free.
- ship items with a post class of less than what was paid to increase their profit margin.
- say they will ship within a certain time frame and do not.
- price gouge on event tickets and/or sell fake event tickets.

My latest hatred is the sellers who buy up every popular toy so that stores are without stock and then try and sell on eBay for ridiculous prices that no parents can afford. The end result is a disappointed child. Greedy people make me sick, especially at Christmas. Thank goodness I believe in Karma ;)

^Yes! That also applies to the Lanvin H&M collection, thousands and thousands of those items were purchased by sellers just for evilbay :sad:

I believe moon said it all ;)

Not quite all.
Some buyers would add to the list lack of disclosure of smoke odours/perfume scents, pets, children, etc. in the descriptions.

I also had the price gouging incident happen to me recently when I tried to purchase an accessory to my nephew's holiday gift. Someone had purchased all of the items from the supplier and then more than doubled the price for it on eBay. Grrr!