Dont you hate last minute Dinner Plans with friends!

imysworld

PandaPop
Sep 16, 2010
I got a message from my friend at the end of lunch to meet up for a meal straight after work with some people IVE NEVER met before!

Well that would be fine, but i look a mess, my make up has gone so badly wrong and my hair has the worst roots ever (its died redish and my mousy brown roots are coming through, looks awful, i only just noticed how bad it was) and my hair was all tied up looking a frizzy mess , didnt have any time this morning to get ready, so i have just had to magic my hair to look OK?, that was really hard to do, my eyeshadow had all gone a funny colour, foundation washed off, forgot to put conealer on (jsut as i was reapplying all my make up my consealer broke off im my hand (its like a lipstick), had not much sleep last night im looking really ruff!!!! :sad:

dont you hate it when you have nothing to work with and have to try and make youself look your best in a few mins!!! :wtf: i wish i got some hairspray at lunch! :sad:

Lol that was a bit of a rant but had to share with some one lol

Not having the best week, just want to gt my LV :sad:

Last edited:
Lol, man, I know what you mean. All day yesterday I just felt off...one of those days where you just think you look weird and there's nothing that will help. But chances are, no one else even notices. Next time tell your friend that if she wants you to meet up, she needs to bring an emergency makeup kit! Or just keep a few things with you, like a travel compact.

Hmm...no I actually like it and I never wear make up so I don't have that problem. Never use anything in my hair either so I'm good with a brush :smile:

Don't you just hate me right now :biggrin:

I hate last-minute ANYTHING!! I like to have everything nicely planned and don't like surprises.

So do I. Even if I have nothing going on at that time, I'm not a spontaneous person by nature and shouldn't be expected to jump and do something without a moment's notice. A friend of mine used to do this a lot, but I finally had to tell her, "I am not as mobile as you! (ie. I don't have a car/I depend on other for a ride/Do you understand the position you're putting me in?)" That just creates unnecessary stress and I almost always just end up saying no because I don't want to deal with it.

As for your situation, OP, I can't relate. I don't wear makeup and tend to let my hair do it's own thing. :lol: My mom is like you, though. She has to rush home, take a quick bath, redo her hair, redo her makeup, find an outfit, poll me as to which outfit is better, then the shoes, then the bag, etc.

So do I. Even if I have nothing going on at that time, I'm not a spontaneous person by nature and shouldn't be expected to jump and do something without a moment's notice. A friend of mine used to do this a lot, but I finally had to tell her, "I am not as mobile as you! (ie. I don't have a car/I depend on other for a ride/Do you understand the position you're putting me in?)" That just creates unnecessary stress and I almost always just end up saying no because I don't want to deal with it.

As for your situation, OP, I can't relate. I don't wear makeup and tend to let my hair do it's own thing. :lol: My mom is like you, though. She has to rush home, take a quick bath, redo her hair, redo her makeup, find an outfit, poll me as to which outfit is better, then the shoes, then the bag, etc.

I am a really spontaneous person, its just i was not ready to go out, i was waering a pair of jeans that had a hole in :sad: lol

i felt so rubbish yesterday!

But had a really good meal with my friends!!!!

I dont have a car or can drive so i always get the people taking me out to drive me home, they dont mind! :biggrin:

lol

haha, sounds like you've had a heck of a day! :smile:

I hate last-minute ANYTHING!! I like to have everything nicely planned and don't like surprises.

:biggrin:

No, I actually love doing something spontaneous and feel flattered to have received an invitation. To me, life is only enhanced by the unexpected happy and fun moments.

My advice would be to focus more on lightening up a little and having some fun. If you looked back in 50 years, you'd think, damn, I wish my hair still looked like that and my skin still looked like that and I still had that color in my cheeks. I was foolish to have allowed something like that to ruin my good time, and likely those people didn't even bat an eyelash to what I perceived as flaws.

It's natural to want to look good, but it shouldn't be something holding you back or putting a damper on a potentially fun and memorable evening with friends... they are your friends for YOU, not your appearance.

If you can't get past it, keep these few things handy in a little travel pouch: brush and travel hair styling product, concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, and lipstick (lipstick can double as blush), and a little perfume. It takes two minutes to give yourself a touch up, and then go out and have fun.

ps. If that is you in your avatar, you're a very pretty girl, and look like you naturally don't need to do much to look good! ;)

Unfortunately my hectic schedule doesn't allow for spontaneous plans. Working full time & 2 young children. But sometimes I wish I was able to entertain last minute dinner plans with friends. My friends have actually stopped even asking cuz they know my answer is almost always no. & I don't blame them I guess.

no, i actually love doing something spontaneous and feel flattered to have received an invitation. To me, life is only enhanced by the unexpected happy and fun moments.

My advice would be to focus more on lightening up a little and having some fun. If you looked back in 50 years, you'd think, damn, i wish my hair still looked like that and my skin still looked like that and i still had that color in my cheeks. I was foolish to have allowed something like that to ruin my good time, and likely those people didn't even bat an eyelash to what i perceived as flaws.

It's natural to want to look good, but it shouldn't be something holding you back or putting a damper on a potentially fun and memorable evening with friends... They are your friends for you, not your appearance.

If you can't get past it, keep these few things handy in a little travel pouch: Brush and travel hair styling product, concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, and lipstick (lipstick can double as blush), and a little perfume. It takes two minutes to give yourself a touch up, and then go out and have fun.

Ps. If that is you in your avatar, you're a very pretty girl, and look like you naturally don't need to do much to look good! ;)

+1

Personally, last minute often ends up to be the most fun...as you haven't built up any expectations like you do when you plan something out ahead of time. :drinkup:

No, I actually love doing something spontaneous and feel flattered to have received an invitation. To me, life is only enhanced by the unexpected happy and fun moments.

My advice would be to focus more on lightening up a little and having some fun. If you looked back in 50 years, you'd think, damn, I wish my hair still looked like that and my skin still looked like that and I still had that color in my cheeks. I was foolish to have allowed something like that to ruin my good time, and likely those people didn't even bat an eyelash to what I perceived as flaws.

It's natural to want to look good, but it shouldn't be something holding you back or putting a damper on a potentially fun and memorable evening with friends... they are your friends for YOU, not your appearance.

If you can't get past it, keep these few things handy in a little travel pouch: brush and travel hair styling product, concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, and lipstick (lipstick can double as blush), and a little perfume. It takes two minutes to give yourself a touch up, and then go out and have fun.

ps. If that is you in your avatar, you're a very pretty girl, and look like you naturally don't need to do much to look good! ;)

Dont worry, i do have fun i try not to turn things down as often as possible, i do wish i did more, but odnt have the people to do it with lol i am just a very self concisous perosn, i did have all my make up with me, just i have a cold saw and my hair was a mess lol

Thank you for the pretty part, i had alot of make up in that pic!!! :biggrin:

xxx

I think it's very flattering to be invited and included! I'm a planner by nature but the last minute stuff adds spice to life, KWIM?

The only person who will notice everything you called out is YOU...and looks like you did go and had a good time - woo hoo! :wlae:

I agree with the others on having a small makeup kit or brush/mirror/hair spray in your bag for next time - whatever little pick me ups you need to freshen up and feel great!