Don't You Hate Buyers Who.....

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Open season for the sellers! What kinds of questions do you get from buyers that make you CRAZY??? My personal current "ticks me off" question:

"Why are you selling [insert item]?"

Well, duh? For the MONEY??? What POSSIBLE business is it as to WHY I'm selling something and how should that factor in a decision to purchase the item?? The comebacks that sneak into my mind before I decide to be civil can't be posted on this PG forum.... :whistle:

Or another current one driving me nuts. The description clearly says [item] is perfect, you've put up tons of pictures showing every possible angle and this little question keeps coming up:

"Are there any scratches, stains, rips, tears, smells, fading, tarnishing, etc., etc., etc."

Last edited:
"Are there any scratches, stains, rips, tears, smells, fading, tarnishing, etc., etc., etc."

I don't see anything wrong with this question, it's better for a buyer to ask beforehand then to find out something once they've purchased it. Sometimes there are marks that do not show up in pictures. I've been burned by a seller before so if I feel any way unsure I ask.

Linda

Linda, she is saying she hates the question when the description clearly states the item has no flaws/perfect...

I hate...where did you get it, how much did you pay, when did you buy it, do you have the receipt?

(I know people ask questions for all kinds of different reasons, but I choose not to answer some of the stupid ones. I realize it cuts out a segment of buyers, but I figure those are buyers I could live without!)

Linda, she is saying she hates the question when the description clearly states the item has no flaws/perfect...

The one and only time I had to file a SNAD the seller had said the item was 'perfect' as well, and conveniently the angle that would have shown the damage to the bag was left out of the pictures, even though there were many. :cursing: This is why buyers feel the need to make sure even though it may seem to the seller that it's all there in the listing.

I've also asked if the item comes from a perfume and smoke free environment, so that would be the same as asking about smells.

Linda

And there are 12 photos showing every single angle, macro zoomed pics, etc. It's not like I just put up one photograph of an item from one angle.

Besides that, how is it any different to say it's flawless in an eBay message versus the description? Guess I'm missing something.....

And the "Do you have the receipt?" question, especially when they demand the original receipt (and we all know receipts can be counterfeited, so what's the point of that one?). Arrgh! Someone needs to explain the relevance of needing a receipt to me some day, just not today, thank you. As I buyer, I've never even thought about asking for a receipt as a consideration of purchase.

Last edited:
The one and only time I had to file a SNAD the seller had said the item was 'perfect' as well, and conveniently the angle that would have shown the damage to the bag was left out of the pictures, even though there were many. :cursing: This is why buyers feel the need to make sure even though it may seem to the seller that it's all there in the listing.

I've also asked if the item comes from a perfume and smoke free environment, so that would be the same as asking about smells.

Linda

I didn't start this thread with the intention of giving buyers another thread to beat up on sellers. I started it as a tongue in cheek bit of stress relief for sellers here.

And there are 12 photos showing every single angle, macro zoomed pics, etc. It's not like I just put up one photograph of an item from one angle.

Besides that, how is it any different to say it's flawless in an eBay message versus the description? Guess I'm missing something.....

I'm just saying that sometimes buyer's feel like they need that extra bit of reassurance. Instead of 'hating' the question, see it as a positive that they are interested in your item. :smile:

Linda

Last edited:
I didn't start this thread with the intention of giving buyers another thread to beat up on sellers. I started it as a tongue in cheek bit of stress relief for sellers here.

And I'm just giving a buyer's perspective on why they feel the need to ask some of those questions that you hate. I'm sure you also didn't have the intention to start a thread for sellers to beat up on buyers either. As I said, I've had just one SNAD but it was enough to make me cautious. This listing had tons of pics as well. Sometimes if you feel irritated it may help to look at it from another perspective.

Linda

I get that a lot too web I have 20 plus pictures in the description. Whenever I get the trade question I suggest they sell their bag and buy mine he he cause I'm not very trusting of trading. What if they don't send it?
My biggest gripe is when they ask you all of these specific questions that I take my time to answer and they don't bid or buy the item.

I'm just sayin'gthat sometimes buyer's feel like they need that extra bit of reassurance. Instead of 'hating' the question, see it as a positive that they are interested in your item. :smile:

Linda

I'll bet that every seller here agrees with me on this one: The customers that ask the most questions are NEVER the ones that buy your items. My actual buyers see the listing, read the description, look at the photos, hit the BIN button and send me the money.

Edit: See yakusoku.af's post above. That was posted while I was typing this. :tup:

And I'm just giving a buyer's perspective on why they feel the need to ask some of those questions that you hate. I'm sure you also didn't have the intention to start a thread for sellers to beat up on buyers either. As I said, I've had just one SNAD but it was enough to make me cautious. This listing had tons of pics as well. Sometimes if you feel irritated it may help to look at it from another perspective.

Linda

I buy more than I sell, so I'd be beating up on myself if I did that since I can see it from both sides of the monitor. :whistle: