don't underestimate my language skills

ayla said:
Ironique, vraiment.. mais ca sont folies de les jeunesses

Ooo Ooo!! Can I try to translate? I took French in high school and in college, but it's been so long....

"Truly ironic...the faults of the young" (that was probably too literal of a translation...or just totally wrong!!!) :biggrin:

yeuxhonnetes said:
I was in Starbucks this afternoon, and because it was sunny and 66F out for the first time this year, I wore a denim miniskirt and carried my Monogram Denim Neo-Speedy to match. As I walked into Starbucks, two girls walked in and got in line right behind me. They might have been Canadian -- Canada being just 45 minutes away from Buffalo -- because they looked at me for a moment, then started speaking French to each other. Fortunately I lived in France for 2 years when I was younger, and I'm now a French minor in school, so I understood every word they said. Their conversation went something like this:

Girl 1: Oh, she's carrying one of the denim bags. I like it.

Girl 2: I think it's fake.

Girl 1: How do you know?

Girl 2: The buckles on the pockets look too gold.

And so they went on for a bit, and while I was waiting for my mocha frap, I stole a glance at Girl 2, and realized that she was carrying a fake white Multicolore Lodge (the smaller one) :amazed::weird::lol:. It wasn't even a good fake; whoever made it didn't even attempt to put 33 colors on it, and this one had something like 7 colors :sick:. Then the girl caught me looking at her bag, and I couldn't resist giving her that little I-know-your-bag-is-fake sneer :suspiciou:biggrin:.

"Too gold" indeed!

Good for you (for the sneer) I would have done the same thing. Love it when people start speaking a different language and don't think others know what the heck there're saying. Another good for you!

I actually think it's classy that you remained silent and had a quiet chuckle to yourself:amuse: . I mean,she made a total fool of herself,and what do you have to prove to a fool?:lol:

ayla said:
Ironique, vraiment.. mais ca sont folies de les jeunesses
Thank you!! We can not only use those words on french people but also on non-french speaking people who carry fake bags!! And also to the store owners who sell fakes!! And they all will be left with :huh: :huh: :huh:

Isn't that's a fantastic idea?;) ;)

Isn't that just great when they speak another language and you understand them.
Like the poster below your original post said " I would have said something back in French" regarding your authentic bag and giggled off :smile:

yeuxhonnetes said:
I was in Starbucks this afternoon, and because it was sunny and 66F out for the first time this year, I wore a denim miniskirt and carried my Monogram Denim Neo-Speedy to match. As I walked into Starbucks, two girls walked in and got in line right behind me. They might have been Canadian -- Canada being just 45 minutes away from Buffalo -- because they looked at me for a moment, then started speaking French to each other. Fortunately I lived in France for 2 years when I was younger, and I'm now a French minor in school, so I understood every word they said. Their conversation went something like this:

Girl 1: Oh, she's carrying one of the denim bags. I like it.

Girl 2: I think it's fake.

Girl 1: How do you know?

Girl 2: The buckles on the pockets look too gold.

And so they went on for a bit, and while I was waiting for my mocha frap, I stole a glance at Girl 2, and realized that she was carrying a fake white Multicolore Lodge (the smaller one) :amazed::weird::lol:. It wasn't even a good fake; whoever made it didn't even attempt to put 33 colors on it, and this one had something like 7 colors :sick:. Then the girl caught me looking at her bag, and I couldn't resist giving her that little I-know-your-bag-is-fake sneer :suspiciou:biggrin:.

"Too gold" indeed!