DON'T THROW AWAY YOUR STIMULUS MONEY

Feb 21, 2017
Be sure to OPEN every piece of mail that looks like junk! It may be your stimulus money in the form of a debit card. PLUS even after you open it, it looks like a scam. It says it is your economic stimulus money, but the paper with it has "terms and conditions," "fees" for certain uses of the card. This makes it look even more like a scam. I posted this on Facebook and received several thank you's from people, one of whom thought it was junk, but fortunately kept it in a pile of mail to look at later!!! I came so close to tossing it!!!!

Please share so your friends will see this.

Feb 21, 2017
I thought they were checks ?
the people I know that got it, received a check.
My daughter received a check about 3 weeks ago. In fact I commented that you could clearly see on the envelope that it was from the Treasury Department and through the clear window "payable to" which I thought begged someone to steal it. THEN she gets a letter a week later saying that her check is coming, lol. Leave it to the feds to mess it up.

lvuittonaddict

$ Doesn't Buy Class
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
DMV
mine came via direct deposit but my parents stimulus came in the form of a debit card. they too thought it was a scam.

Reactions: marie132

pixiejenna

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
I’m annoyed that they wasted money to send letter telling you that they’re sending you money. I also got the letter well after I got my direct deposit. I half wonder if they are switching over to debit cards in a effort to save money hoping people will toss them thinking it’s some lame CC offer they don’t want.

noegirl

Apr 30, 2015
What does the outside of the envelope look like? My dad just told me he hasn't gotten one, now I am wondering if he may have thrown it away.

Feb 21, 2017
What does the outside of the envelope look like? My dad just told me he hasn't gotten one, now I am wondering if he may have thrown it away.
I am sorry I threw that away, but it is just a plain envelope that comes from "Money Network Cardholder Services" in Omaha, Nebraska.

Reactions: limom

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
South
I’m annoyed that they wasted money to send letter telling you that they’re sending you money. I also got the letter well after I got my direct deposit. I half wonder if they are switching over to debit cards in a effort to save money hoping people will toss them thinking it’s some lame CC offer they don’t want.

i have seen a few people say this too and i really would not be surprised at all!