Don't know what to make of Balenciaga bags on sale

212baby

Oct 2, 2010
Ruelala has Balenciaga on sale today. I wanted a City but they were sold out right away. I got a First bag in my cart but then couldn't check out and then it was gone (annoying). Anyway, I'm kind of mixed on the idea that the Bbags go on sale at all. Kind of dilutes their value. What do you all think?

Well, it's not like they're on sale for half off, they are still pricey. And, I just looked, and there are no bags left for sale so I don't think this sale dilutes their value. (wonder how many bags they start out with)

You can find authentic B-bags lots cheaper on evil bay, Bonanza, AFF, HG, Real Deal and people are still buying them like crazy (heck, I have one on layaway right now--so excited :yahoo:) so again, I don't think the brand is suffering. I've only seen 1 B-bag where I live--they are not common and I do get compliments on the ones I have, especially the colors (people love the colors).

I am actually kinda excited that I don't have to pay full retail to get a new bag. I buy some LV bags preloved because I don't want to pay full retail... wished I had remember to check RuLaLa this morning... oh, well...

Sale=Savings=Happy:yahoo:

It doesn't matter that Sales mean that more people can afford to get what I may already have. My thinking is, the more the merrier! As long as people don't grumble (to my face) that my taste in bags is horribly expensive, I am happy as Larry.

Things are generally highly over-priced in the retail sector, and I think sales offer everyone a have the chance to own something they adore at a price point they can afford. I will always tell everyone who asks me where I have purchased something, and if I have seen a place that sells the same item for cheaper, I'll even tell them where they can get it for cheaper.

There is no such thing as exclusivity: every human being is a variation of two legs, two arms, one head, once face etc. At the end of the day, each human body is just that - a variation of the human body. Same with bags: full-price, on-sale, it's a still just a bag at the end of the day, hanging off the end of our arms:smile:.

Don't worry about exclusivity. Love what you have/buy/wear/carry/live in/drive, regardless of what the going price is (unless it is a fake - that's a "no-no"), and regardless of what you think others think of you.

Sale=Savings=Happy:yahoo:

It doesn't matter that Sales mean that more people can afford to get what I may already have. My thinking is, the more the merrier! As long as people don't grumble (to my face) that my taste in bags is horribly expensive, I am happy as Larry.

Things are generally highly over-priced in the retail sector, and I think sales offer everyone a have the chance to own something they adore at a price point they can afford. I will always tell everyone who asks me where I have purchased something, and if I have seen a place that sells the same item for cheaper, I'll even tell them where they can get it for cheaper.

There is no such thing as exclusivity: every human being is a variation of two legs, two arms, one head, once face etc. At the end of the day, each human body is just that - a variation of the human body. Same with bags: full-price, on-sale, it's a still just a bag at the end of the day, hanging off the end of our arms:smile:.

Don't worry about exclusivity. Love what you have/buy/wear/carry/live in/drive, regardless of what the going price is (unless it is a fake - that's a "no-no"), and regardless of what you
think others think of you.

:goodpost:

I hate to be a pessimist, but no-one is truly an original. Providing one pairs their B-Bag with their own style, I don't think a casual bystander would nessecarily notice two people had the exact same bag (and with the colour selection Bal offers, I don't notice that many 'doubles' of the same colour; with the exception of Anthra, Black & White here!). Carry what you like, and be happy with your bag.

At least with me - in the case of Bal - I always get a kick when I see another lady (or gent! Though that has yet to happen) carrying one. It's certainly not an exclusive club by any means, but I love seeing what HW, colours, textures, styles, fellow Bal fans (alas, I only have one - but I have a specific feeling it will not be my last :graucho:) are drawn to. Why does someone choose a Day over a City? When I see a lady with an older Metallic Magenta with RH, would she love if they re-released it with GH? Or mGH? So many questions. It's something - IME - that doesn't seem to happen with a lot of other lines, but with the selection Bal offers, I don't think one really has to worry about looking like the person next to them.

I actually get excited when I see someone else with a bal since they are not your run of the mill bags that you see on every other person! It's rare that I see another person carrying one in my area, and I live in a pretty big city. Even if there is the rare sale, it's still a pretty exclusive brand that isn't sold everywhere.

be happy you guys didn't buy through rue la la. please take a look at my posts in the "Rue LaLa" and balenciaga authentication threads. RLL sent me a fake balenciaga city bag that they charged me over $1100 for. i received the bag late last week and called them immediately after the weekend. their call center did not admit fault or offer any explanation. told me they needed to send my refund request to corporate and that i would receive an email reply in 5-8 days. RLL sells me a fake bag and then tells me that it'll take them up to 8 DAYS to see if they'll give me my money back? very poor customer service, imo. i called back on my own after not hearing from them for 3 days. after i escalated the situation by emailing their corporate email address (found on their website), a corporate concierge reached out to me and immediately sent me a UPS return shipping label and said she would process my return once it's in transit (UPS picked it up on friday but i am still waiting for the return). i saw from another poster in the balenciaga authentification thread that she also contacted the RLL call center this week and was immediately offered a return (no 8 day wait), and also given a $20 account credit... which i was definitely not offered. isn't that interesting? like i said, poor customer service. it's been an extremely STRESSFUL week since i was on pins and needles not knowing whether or not RLL would approve my refund. i will not be buying anything from RLL again. please BUY WITH CAUTION. you could receive a fake/replica/dupe from Rue La La.

I'm really sorry about big mess with Rue La La, puccagirl. To receive a fake itself is very sad and makes you very angry. But you also had to go through frustrating process with them. I'm very impressed that you contacted Carol and did all the right steps to receive the refund.:tup: I think other members received their refund much easier beacuse of your right action. Now they know they sold fakes clearly.

I know it's not comforting to hear at all. But I saw other companies that sold fakes, handled their situations very badly. Even though Rue La La made mistakes, I think they are handling this mess well. I totally understand you won't deal with them anymore. I do the same when things like this happened. I hope you will find a bag you are looking for soon and enjoy it!:smile:

I wouldn't trust any Bals on sale unless it were like Barney's or Neimans trying to clear out their stock. Not like that ever happens on the regular bags. Seems to just be special editions that they need to clear out.

Any deal that looks too good...;)