Don't judge me...it hurts

People can be so rude! It just so happened that my one aunt was staying over for the weekend at my house when I got a shipment for my mint timeless WOC and the next day I had my brother pick up another WOC for me from NM on his way home from work.. When he got home I immediately showed my cousin since she always loves and admires my Chanel's and dreams of one day getting one... well, that night my aunt slept in my room and must've seen all my handbags, and first thing she says to me the next morning was "didn't u just get a new one 2 days ago? why do u need another one? is it for you or for sale?" I replied "Its for me, why?".. then she rudely said "Why do you need so many?" so I kinda gave her an attitude and said "because I like them.".. This is all coming from a lady who does not work, stays at home and doesn't do anything! I should question why she doesn't go out and get a job. UGHHHH! Why do I need to explain myself to anyone, especially if they're not paying for it. I work hard, I deserve to buy nice things for myself.. You're not my mother, you're not paying for it, so why do you care?

I stopped telling people how much I pay for my bags, except those who are asking because they're interested in purchasing one. When my mom asks me how much was her So Black I just say "don't worry about it, it was a gift and you don't need to know". She appreciates it and loves it but my mother thinks it was no more than $2000.. hehehe
and she gets a free holiday at your place… so rude…

Oh I'm with you guys!!! Hugs!!! People are so mean!

My worst story- well, I have two. I have a friend who sent me a text message of a woman holding a bag, and the bag read "I hate bags," and my friend said, "see, this is MY kind of bag." Then, similar to some of you who have posted, I have a super loud and obnoxious friend that likes to call me out in front of people, and especially on Facebook. I don't post my bags on Facebook, or even pictures of me carrying them, but she finds a way to work them in to my comments. Like, I will post "sooo tired at work today" and her comment will be, "so tired of work or are you tired from carrying your massive Chanel bags???" So mean!!!!

We all have one thing- cuteandcouture said it right. Forget the jerks!!!

I understand where everyone is coming from and sometimes I do feel uncomfortable carrying my Chanel's because the other day when I purchased my fuchsia and I was carrying it around the mall, people were eyeing me strangely. I've decided that my goal is to own a variety of Chanels that say I can pick the most appropriate bag for my environment. For example, going grocery shipping I would carry a woc or chain around messages bag.

I think you should be able to where and enjoy your Chanel, anywhere you want. Yesterday I saw someone carrying a Chanel reissue with gold hardware to the movies and she owned it. Also the current Chanel fashion show was at a fake supermarket and the models were wearing sweats and sneakers while carrying Chanel bags. I think it's Karl saying, enjoy your bag and be you!

I would just let it go, sometimes best tasting food can be found at mom pop shops, just like best things can be found in small boutiques no one ever heard of. I would just ignore ignorant comments. Wasn't there a song or something it goes like "don't hate the player, hate the game" ?

I wear my Chanel everyday everywhere too. I wear them to work, aquarium, parks, zoo, mesume etc. Off couse, I'm like people who bring their Chanel to those cheap Chinese restaurant in Chinatown for Roast Pork rice. We are just human and we love tasty food, jewelry, and handbag.

I personally get many remarks like these since I am only 18 but I have a thing for luxury goods, sue me! I realize others aren't as fortunate but what I always tell myself if it makes me happy, and doesn't harm others then I shouldn't feel guilty..

Super RUDE! I feel for you... Dont care so much about how others think or say. Most do it out of envy. I dont tell people how much bags are. I have friends that have designer bags (LV, Chanel) and friends who dont care. For the ones that share this interest with me (very few), we will talk about prices and what to buy. The others, I dont talk about it at all and I dont show them my purchases. I just wear it out to events. If some say it's pretty I say thank you but don't discuss it.

I've used my black caviar woc at disneyland for a day out in 80 degree weather with a tank and shorts. It obviously didnt match but I didnt care because I really wanted to use it. I've recently acquired a few more non-black wocs so hopefully I will have more options with my outfits now. :smile:

Be happy with what you have! No shame. :smile:

Also the current Chanel fashion show was at a fake supermarket and the models were wearing sweats and sneakers while carrying Chanel bags. I think it's Karl saying, enjoy your bag and be you!

I think Karl was spying on me and got the idea! LOL j/k. But I LOATHE winter and the cold and this year was quite brutal with all the snow storms so I'm always in sweat pants and a hoodie, not the cute juicy couture ones but the ones you do work wood work in (I live in the sticks with my bf and help him chop/split wood a lot in the winter to keep warm).. But I always carry my chanel so even when Im in junky sweats and need to run to the supermarket, I grab my m/l flap and head down to do my grocery shopping... no one ever stares me down or gives me a weird look, yet. haha

People can be so rude! It just so happened that my one aunt was staying over for the weekend at my house when I got a shipment for my mint timeless WOC and the next day I had my brother pick up another WOC for me from NM on his way home from work.. When he got home I immediately showed my cousin since she always loves and admires my Chanel's and dreams of one day getting one... well, that night my aunt slept in my room and must've seen all my handbags, and first thing she says to me the next morning was "didn't u just get a new one 2 days ago? why do u need another one? is it for you or for sale?" I replied "Its for me, why?".. then she rudely said "Why do you need so many?" so I kinda gave her an attitude and said "because I like them.".. This is all coming from a lady who does not work, stays at home and doesn't do anything! I should question why she doesn't go out and get a job. UGHHHH! Why do I need to explain myself to anyone, especially if they're not paying for it. I work hard, I deserve to buy nice things for myself.. You're not my mother, you're not paying for it, so why do you care?

I stopped telling people how much I pay for my bags, except those who are asking because they're interested in purchasing one. When my mom asks me how much was her So Black I just say "don't worry about it, it was a gift and you don't need to know". She appreciates it and loves it but my mother thinks it was no more than $2000.. hehehe

+1. I buy with my own hard earned money so no one should say anything about my purchases. If you don't live beyond your means and still saving for future then it should be no problem!

1. An ex-coworker asked me where I bought my jumbo from. After telling her it was from the boutique, she proceeded to ask me if I knew any 2nd hand stores. I told her I wouldn't know since I've never been in any. She then made a comment along the lines of "are you sure? You didn't buy yours from there?" I just gave her a smile and ignored her for the rest of the elevator ride. Some people don't deserve a response or reaction from you after their rude and insulting comment or behavior. Tbh, things like that never really bothered me. I continued to use my jumbos and would've brought my Birkins if I was still working there ;).

2. Not sure of the "weirdest" place since Chanel is my every day bags. So effortlessly chic and easy to carry. I take them with me anywhere and everywhere.

Insecure ppl in the world who can't control their insecurities will always make comments to people they are either envious or are jealous about. I've seen this more and more with my son, believe it or not, which is a lot more bothersome. People also make comments about my love for fashion and I ignore them as well. The reality is that you will probably receive more comments especially from people who you can spot their insecurities a mile away from so just ignore and enjoy your bags to the max! Life's too short to care about what people have to say.

What does eating at an inexpensive restaurant have to do with carry an expensive bag?
I am an extreme bargain hunter and proud of it.
I shop at T.J. Maxx and I love outlets. The only items I purchase at full price are the items that are never marked down or on sale - that's Hermes, Chanel and LV.
Everything else - and I mean EVERYTHING else - iI buy on sale. That includes my red-bottomed shoes, which I buy at Neiman's Last Call.
I shop at Walmart and the Dollar Store for household cleaning items and some toiletries.
And if someone were to ask me why I shop at Walmart and the Dollar Store if I carry Chanel, LV and Hermes, I would tell them, "That's why I can afford Chanel, LV and Hermes. I know how to spend my money wisely."

What does eating at an inexpensive restaurant have to do with carry an expensive bag?
I am an extreme bargain hunter and proud of it.
I shop at T.J. Maxx and I love outlets. The only items I purchase at full price are the items that are never marked down or on sale - that's Hermes, Chanel and LV.
Everything else - and I mean EVERYTHING else - iI buy on sale. That includes my red-bottomed shoes, which I buy at Neiman's Last Call.
I shop at Walmart and the Dollar Store for household cleaning items and some toiletries.
And if someone were to ask me why I shop at Walmart and the Dollar Store if I carry Chanel, LV and Hermes, I would tell them, "That's why I can afford Chanel, LV and Hermes. I know how to spend my money wisely."

Smart shopper :smile:

It happens to all of us and usually from our closest friends or family members. So imo just let it go and not let it get to u. Recently my bestie commented on a pic of my forum meetup bag pic and she said that she could pay off her mortgage with those bags..then proceeded to say she just doesn't understand it. It's true, and although there was a lil bit of hurt feeling, appreciation of designer bags isn't for everyone....I don't pay for 4 vacations a year and expensive sports gear like she does. So yes, we all have our own vices and what we deem "worthy" to spend our hard earned money on.
I carry my Bs and Chanels everywhere..post office, supermarket, etc. It's not glamorous, nor fancy, but it makes me happy when going about my daily business. Why abide by someone else's perspective of where to bring your pretty bags?!? I have enough to concern myself with than what anyone else thinks of me or my appearance. :smile:

I think Karl was spying on me and got the idea! LOL j/k. But I LOATHE winter and the cold and this year was quite brutal with all the snow storms so I'm always in sweat pants and a hoodie, not the cute juicy couture ones but the ones you do work wood work in (I live in the sticks with my bf and help him chop/split wood a lot in the winter to keep warm).. But I always carry my chanel so even when Im in junky sweats and need to run to the supermarket, I grab my m/l flap and head down to do my grocery shopping... no one ever stares me down or gives me a weird look, yet. haha
I'm the same way!!! As we speak I am wearing yoga pants and the NASTIEST blue fleece that I've head for years!!