Don't Give Up...You CAN find authentic bags out there online!!

anasanfran

Autism Speaks!
O.G.
Jul 10, 2010
San Fran, Cali Love
When so many bags that I had tried to have authenticated on TPF were fake, I was just about done with the whole idea of purchasing a cheaper or a no longer made Gucci bag. I had been trying so hard and for so long that I, myself, can pretty much authenticate a real or fake Gucci. I know anyone can put that they are a TPF member on any ad but it was something I looked for. If someone IS a TPF member, then I knew they would know what pics to post and if I had to ask for additional pics to get the bag verified, I just stayed away. I actually found a beautiful Gucci Jolicoeur Large Tote and was brave enough to authenticate it myself (although I did get it authenticated by CarolDiva.com after I bought it, just to test myself really). The first thing I asked for was her TPF name and checked out her threads, posts, etc. She was so lenient after I told her I was a member also. She even allowed me to pay a small down and pay the additional funds in approx. 2 weeks. I am thrilled with my bag and I got it for $100 less than she was asking. You CAN find a beautiful, authentic bag online, just don't even think about doing it WITHOUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST!!! If you can't get the bag authenticated here on TPF soon enough, CarolDiva.com can do it for $6 and usually in 24 hours. I've learned that a lot of TPF'ers like to sell their bags when they get into a different designer or want a certain bag so they are out there!! Don't get discouraged!! I am proof that it CAN HAPPEN!! Good luck to all you potential buyers!! Keep the faith, be patient and it WILL happen!! There is no reason why anyone should get burned with a fake bag again if we investigate it first! Boy, it just burns me up when I see someone buying a fake, knowing that seller is getting over and laughing all the way to the bank. My only solice is that hopefully someday they will be crying all the way to the joint!!

** And thank you so much, to my new TPF friend that will remain nameless, and TO ALL THE AUTHENTICATORS HERE! You are all AWESOME!! ** ;)

Attachments

northerndancer

What, me worry?
O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
The Cool Cool North

You CAN find a beautiful, authentic bag online, just don't even think about doing it WITHOUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST!!!

I've learned that a lot of TPF'ers like to sell their bags when they get into a different designer or want a certain bag so they are out there!!

TO ALL THE AUTHENTICATORS HERE! You are all AWESOME!! ** ;)
Yes, yes and yes!

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
Congrats on your Gucci bag! I totally agree with everything you said. You really need to educate yourself and not just get caught up with having to get that bag right away---you have to be smart. I feel tpf has made me so much smarter when it comes to bags...:smile: