Don't Cry Me A RIVA!! Club

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
I just had to create a thread as a homage to the incredibly gorgeous Bleu Roi Riva that i got recently. As most of you know, i have a fairly extensive collection .. from the original (Le Dix) to current. My fave leathers .. Chevre (of course), Caribou and Camel (Bowlers & Aviators), but i have to say that the Calfskin leather of the Riva has them all beat!!

It's so soft (truly like a baby's bottom) and smooshy .. and extremely durable, i really have to say that it has become my top fave bag in my collection!! So, just to get this going (will be adding more pics as soon as i retutn from holiday), here's my gorgeous Riva Velo!!

1339707292.jpg

Both Rivas are beautiful. I didn't know they made the Velo Riva in other than a tan or black. Darn...The blue is amazing! Can you tell me where you got it?

California/LA area .. of course; they always seem to have the best stuff!! The only problem with the Riva bags is that they are a tad expensive, to say the least. Because of the leather, they cost more than the "traditional" bags. If you really want one, I would scour the consignment shops and/or the *Bay.

I was also surprised to see the bag in this (which I believe is the Bleu Roi) color; it is stunning beyond belief! It's a super comfy bag wear-wise as well! :loveeyes:

Thanks CeeJay...

(I'm originally from SF Bay area, but have spent the past several years overseas.) I sent an email to Sebastien to ask for his help with this specific beauty, but he replied that he only has it in black or camel...I might just go for the camel and BEG my husband to approve the 1600+Euro charge!:sneaky:

Just out of pure curiosity, what's the cost in the states?

Thanks CeeJay...

(I'm originally from SF Bay area, but have spent the past several years overseas.) I sent an email to Sebastien to ask for his help with this specific beauty, but he replied that he only has it in black or camel...I might just go for the camel and BEG my husband to approve the 1600+Euro charge!:sneaky:

Just out of pure curiosity, what's the cost in the states?

If I were you, I would call the Bal-LA, Bal-Costa Mesa (South Coast Plaza) -or- Bal-LV boutiques first. Generally speaking, I find that Cali gets much better colors than here in New England. Between the Euro and especially the shipping, that bag is going to cost a pretty penny .. and alas, they are not inexpensive. Generally speaking, the bags retail for over $2k.

Not sure about San Francisco .. and consignment stores they have there, but LA has a ton of them. Decades, Fashionphile, etc. - get quite a few Bal bags in .. so you might want to get on their lists so that you are alerted if this type of bag comes in.

If I were you, I would call the Bal-LA, Bal-Costa Mesa (South Coast Plaza) -or- Bal-LV boutiques first. Generally speaking, I find that Cali gets much better colors than here in New England. Between the Euro and especially the shipping, that bag is going to cost a pretty penny .. and alas, they are not inexpensive. Generally speaking, the bags retail for over $2k.

Not sure about San Francisco .. and consignment stores they have there, but LA has a ton of them. Decades, Fashionphile, etc. - get quite a few Bal bags in .. so you might want to get on their lists so that you are alerted if this type of bag comes in.
San Francisco barely has anything! The only place to see Bals in person are Neiman Marcus and Barneys. The leathers at Barneys are usually terrible because all of the bags are just hung out in the open on racks with no protection so the leathers become dry and scratched. >.< Definitely try LA!!!