Don't beat your kids!

omg sarah, i just read your post, i cannot imagine, omg, i am at a loss of words...

I know, these horrible things do happen all over the world. Over here, we dont have Child Protective Services, but we can still report it to the police.

As a child till now, my parents have never laid their hands on me, not even once. I did get spanked a few times in the bu*t by my grandpa when I was VERY VERY naughty, but that was it.

Please please please tickle call CPS. There is a Child protective Services in every county in the USA. You can remain anonymous. Report everything you saw (i.e. the bruise) and also what the mother told you.
CPS does NOT take this lightly.
Case in point: I work and do home assessments of at-risk teen moms and their children. ANYTHING we see that is possible abuse or neglect is immediately reported. CPS takes a report from us and they immediately visit the home (usually with sheriff or police).
I have had cases where things like open bottles of bleach or open prescription bottles are enough to warrant a call to CPS.
If you need any help in reporting or finding the right place to call please PM me and let me know your county and state and I'll find it for you.

You will be saving this little girl's life. If she is taken from the home she will be placed in a home for special needs children where she will get the proper care she needs.

There are so many children who die everyday because of mothers like that, by the way, just in 2001 about 2000 children died from abuse in US alone!!It is very sad but it can be changed!! i work with children with special needs and sometimes i know how frustrating it can be for many parents, but hitting a child is NEVER an option, just because its a child and cannot hurt them back doesnt mean that they can be taken advantage of, i doubt she makes her husband lick water off the floor! YOU should deffinately call that number MorningGlory posted, you will be saving this child's LIFE!!! This has to be stopped. You shouldnt be afraid to report it just because you know her in person, just think of it as saving a human life!

Wow this is heartbreaking!! I have a son and the love I have for him is like no other. That poor child is being traumatized despite what the Mom thinks. I will keep the child in my prayers, and please do report this to CPS.

This is really sad! I am a mother of 3 and I never hit any of my kids! Never! You dont need to hit your kids so they can learn! Thsi lady is not a mother, she shouldn't even be called that! A mother is somebody who loves and protects you, not hit or beat you down because you do something wrong! Please, report this lady, imagine whatelse can she do to that poor, innocent kid!

It's not like the little girl even did it on purpose or anything - it was an accident! I am not against spanking but causing bruising crosses the line - and that humiliating treatment is so horrible for that little girl. I'd definitely report her.

Coming from a home in which beatings were liberally given, I don't advocate hitting as a reasonable way to get one's point across. Yes, children can be unreasonable, but does dealing with unreasonable behavior using an unreasonable method solve the problem?

I would definitely report this woman; she wasn't just using force to get her point across, she was also using humiliation, which is totally unneccesary.