Done with ebay!!!

stylin76

PARIS S.
Jul 31, 2012
So after they need a cc on file for their new reimbursement payment I'm done with ebay selling for so many years and with so many shady people I cant risk it anymore. So what do you guys think of their new reimbursement method?

So after they need a cc on file for their new reimbursement payment I'm done with ebay selling for so many years and with so many shady people I cant risk it anymore. So what do you guys think of their new reimbursement method?

I'm sorry I guess I haven't been keeping up because I'm not sure what you're referring to. I haven't been asked for a cc, either.

Could you please explain?

I tried to relist my items I think now they need a credit card on file for reimbursement ,so If I sell something and not as described ebay will pay the buyer and take it out on my credit card and not pay pal it's just scary because there are so many shady people out there that it might not be a good idea.

I've never heard of this. Why would they need a credit card? If they need to pay back the buyer, they would take it out of your Paypal account.

They asked for a credit card for my fees.

this is what i get when I try to relist

That's strange..

Ok question: Do you have a Paypal account linked to your eBay account?

If I had that type of issue they would deduct it from my linked PP account.
So if you don't have a PP linked for them to use- it makes sense they would require a CC.

In fact, I'm guessing if you link a PP acct this message will go away.

yes I have paypal account and been a ebay buyer and seller for over 8 years they said it must be a cc not paypal so I cant risk that with so many trying to cheat on ebay I just wont sell anymore

You have to have a credit card linked to your paypal account as a back up method. They will still take the money from your paypal if there is enough money in it. but if not, they will charge your credit card.
It is perfectly normal and that is how they operate. They will let you sell for some time without having this back up method, but at some point, they will require you to add it if you want to continue selling.

I think I remember reading about this quite a long time ago--it was, like, ebay and paypal will get their money out of you no matter what.

You have to have a credit card linked to your paypal account as a back up method. They will still take the money from your paypal if there is enough money in it. but if not, they will charge your credit card.
It is perfectly normal and that is how they operate. They will let you sell for some time without having this back up method, but at some point, they will require you to add it if you want to continue selling.

+1

i think this is the correct answer. imagine if your paypal account was at $0 and a buyer needed to be reimbursed from your account. they would need an alternative method and the cc would be it.