Donald J Pliner

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'd like some opinions on Donald J Pliner, specifically the handbags. I'm considering a major purchase for this brand, $825.00 to be exact. It's the Pace tote in a sort of purple/brown, gator embossed pattern. I'm pretty sure this style is new for the fall, though I've seen the Pace bag in other colors for a more modest price range. Has anyone bought it or seen it yet? In general, do you think it's worth it, or should I save my money on a more premiere designer handbag. :confused1:

All opinions appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2. Don't own any of the bags, love the shoes.

3. IDK about the bags, but I do like the shoes a lot!

4. I have several Donald J. Pliner and they are some of my best, most well made bags. But I have never gone over the 400-450 range. I can just tell you that mine are great.

5. don't know about their bags but their shoes are my favorites (very comfortable!)

6. I almost dropped my dentures when I saw that our Dillards started carrying Pliner about a month ago. I love those bags, but they are mostly in the $280-$320 range there....

7. Check the "made in" on these bags... I swore that I saw some of the bags in TJ Maxx (which I LOVE, admittedly) but they were Made in China so I didn't even consider purchasing them... Just FYI. Maybe you don't mind, but I want my purses to be made in Italy, France, the UK, etc. Even brazil or US... just my opinion, though.

8. I totally agree. This one is made in Italy, and it feels so soft. Still, I too have never seen one of his bags cost so much. I'm on the fense, but will probably get it because I tend to get non-buyers remorse more than buyers remorse! LOL

9. I double checked TJ's today and surely enough, "Made in China"... they must have a seperate line that they put out for the discount stores... GRRR...

10. I've seen them at TJM, but they were more along the lines of $200-ish. Looked like nice bags though.