Dolma Green Spring 05

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Does anyone have the Balenciaga City in dolma green? I would love to see pics of this bag. I will be posting a WANTED notice on the Marketplace board, so if anyone has a dolma green city they want to part with, please PM me. Or if you have any suggestions on where I might find one new (aside from eBay...a legitimate store), please let me know!

ET, I used to have the dolma green city bag. I ended up trading it a few months ago. I looked on my camera and on both of my computers hoping that I still had pics of the bag somewhere, but I must have erased them all because I couldn't find anything. If you are judging from the swatch on the atelier site, I think the color of the bag is lighter IRL than it is as pictured on the site. It's a really nice color.

Angstofgumby, someone posted one on another thread that looks like a darker green...is this right? Your pics looked much lighter then this one. Is this a fake?

Attachments

• Dolma BBag Dark.jpg
    Dolma BBag Dark.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 393
likebuttah said:
Oops. Meant to pm, sorry.

No problem! I think the one where you posted was a post asking if anyone had purchased authentic b bags on eBay, and you mentioned a dolma. Could have been one from your "pre-PF" days...you know, those days when we went out to shop for bags instead of glued to the computer reading the latest post! HA HA!
:lol:

ET - the pic you posted actually does look like Dolma - it's the right shade, it's just a little dark and that could be due to the lighting.

Since it'll probably be difficult to find a Dolma at this point, you still may want to consider Origan. It's more of an olive green, but still pretty. If comparing, I'd say Dolma is more of a army green with grey undertones and Origan is more of an olive green with slight yellow undertones.

I'd either look for an Origan or even last Fall's Olive - it was several shades darker than Origan, but still with the same undertones. It was more of a dark Olive, with Origan being a light Olive.

Thanks Style101. I have looked at the origan, but the yellow undertone is putting me off. I really want one similar to Chloe's mousse color...a green-grey color. For now I will just sit tight and hope that someone eventually sells one.

ETenebris said:
Thanks Style101. I have looked at the origan, but the yellow undertone is putting me off. I really want one similar to Chloe's mousse color...a green-grey color. For now I will just sit tight and hope that someone eventually sells one.

Okay then - that takes care of that. You definitely won't like the others if you don't want the yellow undertone -that's exactly why I chose the Dolma. For some reason, Bal didn't produce as many Dolmas as they did a lot of other colors (they also didn't come out until later in the season than they were supposed to, so maybe that's why). I see them pop up on eBay occasionally, so keep an eye out and you may find one - the newer Fall colors look pretty too though.

^^ Yes, the fall colors look GREAT now that I have seen the Blue India color! I was on the phone in under a minute on that one! First on the list for a City at Bal NY. But if another store gets them first, someone let me know! :nuts: