Dolly Parton

Cat said:
The Iron Butterfly looks good for a 60yr old gal dispite the PS.How many of you gals can boast about having a 20" waist.Dolly's only 5' tall and weighs in around 90lbs.
At 90lbs, my waist would probably be 20" too! Truthfully though, I'm sure she wears some righteous "foundations".;)

The queen of plastic surgery is without a doubt Jocelyn Wildenstein.
She spent millions on PS and here are the final results :sad2: :wacko: .
She makes me SO sad.:sad2:

I think she looks great, although her boobs look huge in that dress. I really like the dress and suit that she wore, but I like the suit more.

And she really is a great business woman, if it wasn't for her the town of Pigeon Forge, Tennessee would be no where near as built up as it is today, that's where her theme park Dollywood is (I don't remember where the water park is). The park isn't that bad either, I go there every year with my family around opening week.

Although my dad is an obsessive Dolly fan, so my feelings may come from him.

purselova34 said:
I think you should learn a sentence begins with a capital letter. You know, before you judge others. :P

Tell it to a.a. milne and k.d. lang. You mistake me for someone who actually cares. Lighten up and stop being so defensive of people you don't even know. Dolly Parton is actually a well-known philanderer, what makes you want to put her on a pedestal so badly?

I'm guessing you also have your share of plastic surgery since you're so quick to jump to her defense.

Cal said:
WHA THE.....? She paid money to look like this? Who is she?

She's a rich chick who one day found her husband in bed with a much younger woman. Sadly she believed if she got plastic surgery she could get him back, and then it just got completely out of control. It's called LOW SELF-ESTEEM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jocelyn_Wildenstein

I guess it's the same brain dysfunction that makes anorexics look in the mirror and think they're morbidly obese.

Or the thing that makes Michael Jackson think little boys are for his sexual gratification.

classwhore said:
She's a rich chick who one day found her husband in bed with a much younger woman. Sadly she believed if she got plastic surgery she could get him back, and then it just got completely out of control. It's called LOW SELF-ESTEEM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jocelyn_Wildenstein

I guess it's the same brain dysfunction that makes anorexics look in the mirror and think they're morbidly obese.

Or the thing that makes Michael Jackson think little boys are for his sexual gratification.
The result is rather... repulsive. But to her, it's probably the highest degree of beauty that she could achieve. Oh man...

Vlad said:
The result is rather... repulsive. But to her, it's probably the highest degree of beauty that she could achieve. Oh man...

No, I'll bet honestly, she still sees small things wrong, and will get more work done... but not how hideous the overall effect is. Compartmentalization. Plus she's probably addicted to surgery.

purselova34 said:
I really would like to know what run way you all stepped off of to judge someone else's look. That's VERY mean and shallow.

The one where they display prize cows.

Dolly P. is a decent singer (although it's not my style of music) but the plastic surgery is a little OTT. Hasn't anyone from Hollywood heard of aging gracefully? Lots of great actresses of a certain age have little or no PS done on them and that doesn't mean they're less talented or less beautiful. There's a difference between a little help and making yourself look like a badly drawn Cruella de Vil.

Vlad said:

Jocelyn Wildenstein was quiet the nordic beauty before she began her transformation to become more cat like in appearance.
It wasn't her appearance that drove her hubby to anothers bed,but his own lack of character as well as his suffering most of his life with bouts of depression dispite his enormous wealth.
If you'd like a clearer picture of this womans story it can be found here.http://www.divasthesite.com/Society_Divas/jocelyne_wildenstein_a.htm

Nothings ever black & white,there's always more than meets the eye.Can you imagine what it must be like to look at what was once a lovely face and seeing this image staring back :sad: .
She underwent many procedures in a effort to correct some of the damage but the damage was beyond repair for even the best of PS's.

Hey you all might not think she is beautiful, but at least she admits to all of her plastic surgery and is honest about it unlike most of the celebs that actually want people to think they just happen to look that way! Being honest and upfront is worth a lot to me. also she has always said that she does it for herself and while some might think it is trasy looking, it is what she thought was beatiful when she was growing up in a small poor town. She has always like the big, hair, ultra long red nails, and lost of make up. She also shays that is makes her happy and it doesn't hurt anyone. Besides, she has a wonderful voice and spirt and is not a model or someone trying to make it on her looks or to fit into someone else's mold. Personally I think that if she toned it way down she would look better, but then she wouldn't be Dolly Parton. BTW how old is she?

Inky Paws said:
Hey you all might not think she is beautiful, but at least she admits to all of her plastic surgery and is honest about it unlike most of the celebs that actually want people to think they just happen to look that way! Being honest and upfront is worth a lot to me. also she has always said that she does it for herself and while some might think it is trasy looking, it is what she thought was beatiful when she was growing up in a small poor town. She has always like the big, hair, ultra long red nails, and lost of make up. She also shays that is makes her happy and it doesn't hurt anyone. Besides, she has a wonderful voice and spirt and is not a model or someone trying to make it on her looks or to fit into someone else's mold. Personally I think that if she toned it way down she would look better, but then she wouldn't be Dolly Parton. BTW how old is she?

I agree,Dolly just turned 60 on January 19th.:smile:

purselova34 said:
I really would like to know what run way you all stepped off of to judge someone else's look. That's VERY mean and shallow.

You seem rather hostile on a few of these threads...if you are offended this much then just ignore what we are saying. I don't think we appreciate your attitude.
Also, this isn't grammar school..it's awfully picky to make someone feel stupid just because they didnt freakin' capitalize the beginning of their sentence....

pursefetish said:
Also, this isn't grammar school..it's awfully picky to make someone feel stupid just because they didnt freakin' capitalize the beginning of their sentence....
especially when your screenname is purselova
ironic a bit!
I'm not mad about anything you said, but I think you were a little overzealous in your attack of the people here stating their opinions. No one said anything truly mean or deserving of it.

Back to Dolly, she is fabulously talented and completely sweet!
Like I said before, I LOVE her being so candid about her plastic surgery, it's very "real" of her ironically!:biggrin:

Cat said:
Jocelyn Wildenstein was quiet the nordic beauty before she began her transformation to become more cat like in appearance.
It wasn't her appearance that drove her hubby to anothers bed,but his own lack of character as well as his suffering most of his life with bouts of depression dispite his enormous wealth.
If you'd like a clearer picture of this womans story it can be found here.http://www.divasthesite.com/Society_Divas/jocelyne_wildenstein_a.htm

Nothings ever black & white,there's always more than meets the eye.Can you imagine what it must be like to look at what was once a lovely face and seeing this image staring back :sad: .
She underwent many procedures in a effort to correct some of the damage but the damage was beyond repair for even the best of PS's.

That's crazy....I mean regretting the surgery a bit!!How awful would that feel?! She looked so much better before all of that, let that be a lesson to all of us! heh