Dolled up, Minimum, or all Natural ?

Dolled up :smile: I cant bear to go anywhere without make up, usually I just wear mac foundation, concealer, liquid eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, blusher, powder, and ofcourse lip gloss! But if i wanna glam up a bit more I just use different shades of eyeshadow and lip gloss and blusher, can anyone recommend a good concealer? Ive got really hideous dark circles that are never gonna go anywhere, I need help!

I never sleep without removing my makeup, cleansing, toning and moisturising, and also exfoliate regularly, i dont think my beauty regime is as good as it should be, I dont really get facials that often anymore as i am too lazy. I have had glycolic acid peels tho, which work wonders! even though it feels like your having ur face burnt off, but as they say, beauty is pain!

I'm comparitively minimal. Most days I just use concealer, a little loose powder, neutral eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. If I'm going out somewhere special, then I'll wear all of the above, with a different colored eyeshadow, some blush, and either lipgloss or lipstick.

Skincare routine: Origins Peppermint facewash, then Neutrogena moisturizer with sunscreen (for day) or Lancome Primordiale Nuit (night). I exfoliate a few times a week. I think I would like to try getting a facial sometime soon though :biggrin:

NiSHa said:
Dolled up :smile: I cant bear to go anywhere without make up, usually I just wear mac foundation, concealer, liquid eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, blusher, powder, and ofcourse lip gloss! But if i wanna glam up a bit more I just use different shades of eyeshadow and lip gloss and blusher, can anyone recommend a good concealer? Ive got really hideous dark circles that are never gonna go anywhere, I need help!

I never sleep without removing my makeup, cleansing, toning and moisturising, and also exfoliate regularly, i dont think my beauty regime is as good as it should be, I dont really get facials that often anymore as i am too lazy. I have had glycolic acid peels tho, which work wonders! even though it feels like your having ur face burnt off, but as they say, beauty is pain!

I've heard that the Becca brand concealer works really well. I myself use MAC but find it a bit too oily. I'm also searching for a new concealer, just can't bring myself to spend 50USD on concealer. :huh:

hm.. i think its because my skin is still pretty young, i find that putting on foundation does close to nothing really. I actually find it looks even plasticy..

My routine is same every day and very minimalist.

eyeliner
mascara (yes i have small eyes)

esiders said:
I am au nauturale...no makeup of any kind! I don't do facials and I LIVE in the dermatologist's office...especially now that I have a dermy who specializes in African-American skin. He has me using 4-5 products a day on my face. :cool:

My routine is: wash face with Neutrogena liquid cleanser, use Alpha Beta-5 toning pads, wait 5 minutes, apply Cleocen-T, wait 5 minutes, apply sunblock. 3 nights a week I use Retin-A.

Sounds good. What skin type are you? :biggrin:
What are you using the Rentin-A for?
And if you do not mind how old are you. I just want to know if this will work for me>

LOOKINGOOD35 said:
Sounds good. What skin type are you? :biggrin:
What are you using the Rentin-A for?
And if you do not mind how old are you. I just want to know if this will work for me>

Hi,
I'm 36 and my skin type is combination (oily t-zone, super dry cheeks and chin) and sensitive. I've been using Neutrogena products exclusively for about 15 years because I had a really bad outbreak of acne while in college.

According to my Af/Am dermatologist, I have acne and whiteheads under the surface of my skin (he looked at my skin using this super bright light and magnifying glass contraption). I also have some light scarring from the acne and hyperpigmentation. The Alpha-beta toning pads and Cleocen T is for the acne and Retin-A is for the scarring and hyperpigmentation of my skin.

The drawbacks: all of these products make my skin super sensitive to the sun, so I have to wear SPF 55 everyday. The Retin-A is not covered by my insurance and I had to pay $83 out of pocket. :amazed:

littlepanda said:
I've heard that the Becca brand concealer works really well. I myself use MAC but find it a bit too oily. I'm also searching for a new concealer, just can't bring myself to spend 50USD on concealer. :huh:
Clinique! Not to thick or greasy. Do you drink alot of coffee? Too much leads to dark circles.

LVaddict! said:
Clinique! Not to thick or greasy. Do you drink alot of coffee? Too much leads to dark circles.

I never drink coffee :cry: I think it's a hereditary thing, my mom also has dark circles.

Oh, and I tried the Clinique concealer before... in Taiwan's humid hot disgusting weather... it just slides off my face :sad: I need concealer that sticks like paint....

I suppose I am a mixture. I have a fairly simple routine, but I use good products for my skin type.
In the morning I wash my face with La Mer cleanser, apply La Mer spf 18 fluid then my make up which I guess is 'dolled up' as I have foundation, concealer, powder, blush, lipstick, eyeshadow and mascara on although it is not layered on! I use MAC, Chanel, Pout, Dior, Stila, Lancome, YSL, Laura Mercier and urban decay make up mostly. I go without make up every few days to let my skin have a break and I NEVER go to bed without taking my make up off.

In the evening I take my eye make up off with Chanel eye make up remover, then cleanse my face with La Mer cleanser. I also use La Mer toner if neccessary. I then apply some La Mer concentrate and before bed a dab of Creme De La Mer. I never apply too much of anything on my skin as I believe it it bad to do that (apart from sunscreen) and I do like to let my skin breathe. I also alterante La Mer with La Prairie as both are great on my skin.

As for looking after my skin with other products, I use a body scrub (usually Bliss) and I moisturise. I also use exfoliators regulary (I have lots, Dr brandt, Chanel, YSL, Freeze 24/7...) and I also use Bliss steep clean.

I dont have facials as I have only ever had one once and that was a dermalogica one that made my face break out terribly for about 3 weeks afterwards. Their products were awful on my skin!

Thats about it, apart from using a special lip exfoliator (leaf and rusher) and lip cream (philosophy) to keep them nice and smooth!

All natural for me. I don't like wearing make-up often. It's a hassle for me to put it on and remember to remove it at night. I'm not good at applying make-up so it takes me awhile to do it. The most "make-up" I wear on a daily bases is my chapstick with SPF 14. :smile:

I wash my face in the morning and night with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash. I also have a body wash by Neutrogena that I use to prevent breakouts on my back and shoulders.

BUMP!

I used to go out "all dolled up" whenever I left the house. After college, I stopped using so much makeup everyday. Now I opt for a more natural look, which for me consists of only eye makeup. I don't like foundation because it makes my skin breakout, whether it's liquid, powder, mineral, or cream. I just sweep some natural colored eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and do my eyebrows. That's about it.

contrary to what my FOTD's make it seem like, i wear minimal to no makeup most days :P. i like to let my skin breathe, and i don't really like touching my eye area all that much so i try to wear as little makeup as possible, unless i'm really feeling like i need a bright look, or i have places to go and people to see :rolleyes:

I'm a minimum girl and it's very routine - done in about 7 minutes. Moisturiser, foundation, concealer, powder, eyeshadow, mascara, out the door! (lipstick in the car ;) )