Dolce & Gabbana sizing...

Jazz77

Feb 19, 2012
Girls, can anyone tell me about the fit of Dolce & Gabbana's clothes? Specifically, the jackets and structured pieces. I own a D&G silk top and find it runs a tad small, but that is the only experience I have. Any "advice" is appreciated. :smile:

^ Hi!! I find all Dolce & Gabbana items to run a bit small - ranging from dresses, skirts, and jackets. I'm a size 5'9 and a 6 US, but generally opt for 44 Italian in Dolce & Gabbana. I find that this usually works - items aren't as form-fitting, *but* they fit.

Hope that helps!! :smile:

Girls, can anyone tell me about the fit of Dolce & Gabbana's clothes? Specifically, the jackets and structured pieces. I own a D&G silk top and find it runs a tad small, but that is the only experience I have. Any "advice" is appreciated. :smile:

I think their sizing varies, quite frankly. Most Dolce & Gabbana items in my true size fit like a glove (probably 70%), but others have been a little on the large side and required tailoring. I have never found any of their items to run small to size, though.

^ ooh! just wanted to add, if you're thinking of getting any kind of satiny dress with some stretch in it, got for your true size, those actually run TTS.

I think what runs small are things w/out *any* stretch; I have some dresses that are very rigid. But, I also prefer to buy almost everything a size up - I'm not a fan of the form-fitting look, I like when clothes hang a loosely on the body.

As others have said Dolce && Gabbana runs 'close-cut'. I buy TTS because I do think their silhouette is strict and their style slightly 'shrunken' (apart from one skirt cut too generously on the waist). I have one of those corset-girdle 'thingies' that cost me a fortune (NOT lingerie/underwear) to wear under sheer Dolce dresses or wear under pencil skits and little cardigan - that is skin-tight (I can only wear it on 'thin days' LOL.

As others have said Dolce && Gabbana runs 'close-cut'. I buy TTS because I do think their silhouette is strict and their style slightly 'shrunken' (apart from one skirt cut too generously on the waist). I have one of those corset-girdle 'thingies' that cost me a fortune (NOT lingerie/underwear) to wear under sheer Dolce dresses or wear under pencil skits and little cardigan - that is skin-tight (I can only wear it on 'thin days' LOL.

omg would love to know what kind of undergarments you wear with Dolce! been looking for something supportive...I find it so hard to wear my usual bras etc. with Dolce.

omg would love to know what kind of undergarments you wear with Dolce! been looking for something supportive...I find it so hard to wear my usual bras etc. with Dolce.

I bought it years ago. It's a Dolce and Gabbana underwear-as-outerwear all-in-one corset, very vintage looking and cost a whopping £800 and something new (I wonder if their actual underwear line has something similar for less money) but I have had my money's worth from it (I used to be so into that look) including wearing it under their tailored and knitted suits.

With the corset-dresses you probably don't need much underwear unless it makes you feel more comfortable. If I wear anything under their corset-dresses (make that similar Cavali ones too) they often ride up to 'where the sun is not supposed to shine' as I'm walking along :shocked: I like to look sexy but not that kind of sexy :biggrin: I think I'm highly charged (electrical-statically speaking) so I sew that piped rubber stuff around the hems.

One Dolce LBD dress I had, had an altogether different problem, the rods for the corset part of the dress were too sharp on the ends, every time I sat down (and therefore shortened my waist) I stabbed myself, I had to get Dolce & Gabbana to change all the 'boning'.

I bought it years ago. It's a Dolce and Gabbana underwear-as-outerwear all-in-one corset, very vintage looking and cost a whopping £800 and something new (I wonder if their actual underwear line has something similar for less money) but I have had my money's worth from it (I used to be so into that look) including wearing it under their tailored and knitted suits.

With the corset-dresses you probably don't need much underwear unless it makes you feel more comfortable. If I wear anything under their corset-dresses (make that similar Cavali ones too) they often ride up to 'where the sun is not supposed to shine' as I'm walking along :shocked: I like to look sexy but not that kind of sexy :biggrin: I think I'm highly charged (electrical-statically speaking) so I sew that piped rubber stuff around the hems.

One Dolce LBD dress I had, had an altogether different problem, the rods for the corset part of the dress were too sharp on the ends, every time I sat down (and therefore shortened my waist) I stabbed myself, I had to get Dolce & Gabbana to change all the 'boning'.

Thanks!! I love their corseted-looks, so beautiful!

I try to wear anything seamless with some of my more form-fitting Dolce looks, but it's so hard to find something comfy - I totally hear you about the corset stabbing!! I had a real brocade custom made corset and had the same issue - now I never wear it - too much pain. :roflmfao: but it's nice to look at