Dolce and Gabbana question

fashgrrl904

Jan 7, 2007
What's the difference between Dolce and Gabbana and D&G clothing lines? Is one edgier than the other or one more expensive than the other?
Are both lines sold in the same stores?
I never really got into Dolce because the prices are too high for me, but I would like to learn more just so I know.

I get so confused with the wording between dolche and Gabbana and D&Gl and Im a little embarassed asking this :shame:

I think that Dolce & Gabbana is the more runway lines so they are more expensive. I think D&G is their main line for more affordable pieces. Kind of like Armani and Armain Exchange. Both same designer just more affordable. At least that is how I thought it was anyway. Someone else may be able to help you better.

Dolce and Gabbana is their runway line, and their more expensive ready to wear line.

D and G is their younger line (much like the difference between Marc Jacobs Collection, and Marc by Marc Jacobs)

Sometimes the prices are the same on the ready to wear though between Dolce and Gabbana and D and G, but D and G will always be younger, more casual, and trendier.