Doggy Mommies - Lion Cut or Llama Cut?

monablu

Dream Catcher
Mar 25, 2006
Ok it's spring time which means excessive shed time for my porky-peke and time for his haircut. Since the Lion Cut is kinda overdone and way popular out here in LA, I am thinking of maybe doing something different and getting Chacha a Llama Cut - what do u think?

here are pics to help u 'visualize' lol

strut08.jpg

403219.jpg

Missy0703a.JPG

american_eskimo_lioncut_big.jpg

bexar5.jpg

chow_lioncut_big.jpg

ok and here are the Llama Cuts that I totally like:

reighn11.jpg

knight15.jpg

Joy%27s-first-hair-cut.jpg

sorry for all the big pics - I don't know how to make those snazzy thumbnails lol. ok feedback pls!!

ranskimmie said:
Oh please dont do this to your doggy! I am speaking for the poor thing.

awwww he's gonna look so so cute and manish!! after he gets a haircut he gets super hyper and runs around wagging his tail and jumping around gleefully at random times during the day - he feels much more clean and comfy. I think they look cute tho!! hahhaa@scary

I have a peke in Hong Kong (where the temp often goes up to high 90s F) and I leave her coat alone. They adapt pretty well to temperature changes, esp. if they are indoors and there's A/C. Also, some breeds don't take cuts very well, i.e. you should NEVER shave a husky. lol!

As for shedding, cutting the fur won't alter how much your baby sheds. Short hairs are just less noticable.

Coco loves baths but hates haircuts, so after shaving her once when she was a pup, I've pretty much just trimmed her coat.
However, if you really do fancy a cut and he seems willing, then go for it!

I am thinking of telling the groomer to not shave his hair but maybe just cut it shorter - because I don't want him to actually be 'shaved' and loose his natural protection from the elements.

he usually only gets a haircut once a year at this time of year because the shedding is bad - I have to vaccuum up big fluffy furballs twice a day and it gets all over my clothing and his beds and everything so the shorter hair is actually much easier to clean up. Plus I do think it's laugh out loud cute! I will post pics tomorrow after he gets home from his doggy spa!

Ehhh I think the Lion cut would be funny for Halloween... and that is about it. But that is just my opinion! I'm used to my black lab who just sheds everywhere...

i used to have a lasa ahpso. he LOVED his hair cuts. he always seemed so much more comfy and peppy when he came home...and our climate is colder. :smile: but we never shaved him to the skin...just cut his hair quite short all around.

OMG! lol I have never seen that before! I'm not gonna lie, if I had a long-haired chihuahua opposed to my short haired one i'd probably get the lion cut, I find it hilariously cute. :smile:

my crunchy just sheds everywhere and she's got short hair. nothing i can do about it, but i dunno, i think you should probably leave the dog alone, i don't like either cuts really... too silly for a dog!

I like the cut on the dog on the right-hand side of your first pic...lion cut with fuller legs. I have Persian cats, and I take two of them each summer to get a lion cut, but I don't let them do the tails. So they have this HUGE head, HUGE feet, and a full tail. It's awesome! They feel so much better without the hair, and it grows back by fall. Not sure how the lion cut will look on a Peke, though.