Doggy Day Camp

Sep 14, 2007
What do you think about them? Eventually I am thinking of signing Toby up for a few days (not for a full day but for a little). Let me know your thoughts!

emma*puppy

Feb 18, 2008
OC, CA
I just signed my dog up for one.

You definitely have to pick one that feels right for you. We have several private-run ones here as well as corporate ones like PetSmart. PetSmart's is very tight and cramped. The facility I go to is huge, even the little dog area. They also have a cap on how many can be enrolled in a given day so your dog isn't stuffed in. They're also trained to address each dog's needs differently. My dog loooves human attention so they hold her more and give her more one-on-one than some of the other dogs.

It's great for exercising dogs too. However, they don't recommend your dog enrolling every day of the week because that can get annoying for the dog and tiring.

Mar 24, 2007
- NyC -
^ I agree...I don't think it should be done everyday, it basically turns into a doggie sitting program. But some dogs are just happy being home and don't mind it.

JSH812

horses&hounds
Jan 23, 2008
wild&wonderful
It's a lifesaver. I had my Basset in one when I was in college - and now where I live there isn't one anywhere around :sad: I say :tup: