Dog Soldiers

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
Okay, I've just finished watching "Dog Soldiers". It's directed by the same guy who did "The Descent". It was EXCELLENT!! if you like "The Descent", you'll like "Dog Soldiers". There's great character development and it's definitely more complex than "The Descent". There're moment of tension and then there're also comical moment as well. It's an awesome film.

If you like "The Descent", you'll like "Dog Soldiers". It's not as frightening as "Descent" (I'm probably just de-sensitized) but it's really good. There're also references to "Aliens", "The Shining", "The Matrix" and couple other movies as well as cult classics.

I got this summary from IMDB:

A British Squad is sent on a training mission in the Highlands of Scotland against Special Operations squad. Ignoring the childish "campfire" stories heard about the area, they continue with their mission and come across the bloody remains of the Special Ops Squad, and a fierce howling is pitching the night sky... With two mortally wounded men, they make an escape, running into a zoologist by the name of Megan - who knows exactly what hunts them. What began as what they thought was a training mission turns into a battle for their lives against the most unlikely enemies they would have expected - werewolves.

It's quite good. It has some humor in it as well, and I love the reference to all the other movies.