Dog hair in Carpets

Dec 21, 2007
Ladies I am desperate. I have a black pom and it shows all over my cream carpets. The groomers suggested I use a wet sponge mop over the carpets...well i did that and i broke it :Push: I'm am --><-- close to giving this dog the "solange" buzz cut. :roflmfao:

anyone have any suggestions on how to get this hair up?
Nosnowhere suggested the Dyson vacuum but i'm looking for something a little cheaper...HELP please :shucks:

Another suggestion for the Dyson Animal, I know they're expensive but they are worth their weight in gold. I still can't believe what it picks up -- and I vacuum once a week.

Sometimes Best Buy puts them on sale, I think if you get one you'll wonder how you lived without it.

Buy some cheap rubber exam gloves. I use them to get cat fur off my steps, chairs and couches. Works great and they are CHEAP. LOL

I have the regular Dyson (it's yellow) and it leaves some hair on my carpet--I have two big black dogs and one black cat--my carpets are perpetually grey (yuck). My mom has the Dyson Animal (purple) and it does a MUCH better job of picking up hairs than mine does. My mom has a lot of pets (she runs a rescue so she fosters a lot of cats) and the Dyson Animal keeps all the carpets looking clean. Before company comes over, I do something similar to what Cindi does, except I use dish gloves. It takes forever, but works.
it is pretty warm right now though, your Pom might not mind a Solange buzz cut ;) lol.

thank you ladies so much!
the Dyson seems to be my next investment. but what do you do with the rubber gloves? just rub it over the carpet while wearing it?

Brooke, I gave her the buzz cut in June (i believe) and its all grown back! its driving me nuts

Have poms and a bernese mountain dog mix. Dyson is great. The mix has short hairs like a lab and are everywhere and this works great on them. Also picks up all the poms hairs :smile: Best vacuum I ever had.

and then i will start working on my mother to see if she wants to buy me the Dyson :roflmfao:

Once she sees how well it works she will want one too!

I am a complete geek when it comes to my Dyson, I have never been so amazed by a product before. Seriously. I should have a bumper sticker that says "Ask me about my Dyson Animal." :P

^our other dog doesn't shed and she has hard wood floors. but my situation is the worst...i have a black shedding Pomeranian and my entire house is carpeted...its frustrating.

I see Macy's has a dyson on sale for $499

pursefind....i have a pom pom too. 1st thing id recommend is a furminator! last time i furminated my sasha, the amount of hair i took off was bigger than her. it stops the shedding before it even starts. 2nd is one of those rubber brick thingies for the hair (they have them at petco for like $3 in the grooming section), and 3rd would be a bigger investment, but a better vacuum.