Dog had an accident on the carpet-anything to remove the smell?

Cecilia2

O.G.
Mar 26, 2007
My poor dog had an upset tummy yesterday, and had an accident on the carpet of our building lobby. Not to get too graphic, but it was, ahem, a poo related accident.

I went to work immediately, and removed everything to the point that you can't see anything. There is a small residual smell however...

Any recommendations for removing this smell? TIA!

I have soaked the area w/ Natures Miracle, and it's definitely helping a lot!

I still have to pay for the cleaning, but at least this helps till the cleaners arrive-Thank You!

i love nature's miracle but it gets a little expensive if you have to use it all the time (at least around here....out in the boondocks you have to buy it at mom and pop pet specific stores at a huge mark up) in the first month i had lily we were still getting used to her signals and we had quite a few accidents. i switched to kids 'n' pets which i found at safeway. it works just as well but is quite a bit cheaper. http://www.kidsnpetsbrand.com/

Nature's Miracle is basically white vinegar. I refuse to pay that much for something I can buy much cheaper and works just as well. I have two older dogs and two cats here, and accidents happen, especially with the big dog. I swear by this.

When my grandmother was alive and I cared for her here at home (she was incontinent) I washed her sheets and clothes in white vinegar. You would never know I had an incontient woman in the house.