Dog chewed my purse!!!!!

buttercup784eve

No wire hangers!
O.G.
May 13, 2009
I'm so PO'ed!! My stupid huge dog pulled my Hippie down and chewed the little hangy down part on the zipper. UGH! I want to strangle him with my bare hands!!!!

I called the boutique and they said to bring it in to see if Coach can fix it. Has anyone had an experience with this? My husband is so mad, and said I should just carry it like this to teach myself a lesson about picking stuff up so the dog can't get it.

I seriously want to cry. :crybaby:

I'm sorry that happened.
When my dog was a puppy she chewed one of my straps, but I got to her before she got the rest of the purse. (plus she was teething, so I couldn't get mad!)
I was able to get a replacement. I hope you can too. Good luck!

I feel bad for you. Hopefully Coach can help you fix it :hugs: Try to keep your purses in a "safer" place or somewhere high so your dog can't get to it the next time.

I know right. I'm such a dumba** sometimes. I usually bring them into my room and put them in my closet, but I just wasn't thinking...UGH. I'm mad at MYSELF, I'm mad at the DOG, I'm mad at my HUSBAND for being mad at ME.

I'm going to clean something...

I don't have any advice, but wanted you to know you are not alone in this situation. My cat has "personalized" 3 of my bags. She too has chewed on the zipper pull, the leather on my O ring, and the leather on top of one of my bags. She really doesn't chew it, but rather just bites it and moves on. Lesson learned. I know keep my bag I am using that day put away in a closet or I leave it in my locked van in my garage.

I know right. I'm such a dumba** sometimes. I usually bring them into my room and put them in my closet, but I just wasn't thinking...UGH. I'm mad at MYSELF, I'm mad at the DOG, I'm mad at my HUSBAND for being mad at ME.

Nah you are NOT a dumbass hun. Like you said, you weren't thinking. Maybe something else that's more important was on your mind when you were trying to put your Parker Hippie down.

The damage is done so no point being mad at yourself, the dog and your DH. Instead, try to put your energy into getting the purse fixed and let us know the results :yes:

I hope the cleaning helps you relax and cool down a little :biggrin:

ohh man, Im soo sorry to hear about your bag! Hopefully they will be able to fix it. I know that even if its just a small part it would bother me as well. I have 3 dogs also who would definately chew a bag if they ever got their paws on one of them. They havent yet chewed my bags though just my shoes which also I was not happy about!

I am so sorry that is awefull. Do not be to mad at yourself, the dog or your DH, hopefully Coach can fix it or give some kind of credit...

I feel bad for you. Hopefully Coach can help you fix it :hugs: Try to keep your purses in a "safer" place or somewhere high so your dog can't get to it the next time.

Totally agreed.

Sorry to hear about your bag, but don't waste your energy being mad at yourself, the dog, or your husband.

The dog is an animal... even the best trained animals slip up when given the opportunity to chew on something new ;) I hope they can fix your bag!

Oh, I am so sorry! When my dog was a puppy, he chewed the HANDLES (both of them!!!) off of my Coach tote/laptop bag. Like your Hippie, it is all leather and totally classic. Coach wouldn't replace the handles, so my husband took it to a leather guy who put new leather handles on it. But they are the strap kind, not the nice, rounded kind that fit comfortably in your hands. So, it has never been the same. I still carry it everyday to work (it is beat to heck!!), but it is like a constant, little thorn in my side. I tell you this to make you feel better....sounds like your damage is minimal and I BET Coach will fix it for you. Let us know how it turns out.

And, also, hopefully from everyone's posts, you'll see that it happens to the best of us. As careful as we are with our bags, no one is perfect. Except, perhaps, your hubby. :rolleyes:

I clean when I am upset too!! Sorry to hear what happened. I hope it gets fixed.