Dog Carriers - OPINIONS NEEDED!

crodrigue

Addicted to Strass!
Jul 6, 2008
Hello Ladies,
I am currently hunting for a good dog carrier for my 4 lb. Toy Fox Terrier.
I currently have a Louis Vuitton Sac Chien for airline travel, but I'm looking for a chic bag (preferably shoulder strap) so I can sneak her into restaurants and not be obvious. Much of what I'm finding online looks very Paris Hilton circa The Simple Life era... eek.

here are two I don't hate...

I've found the Karli bag by BK Atelier
http://www.petfavors.com/bk-karli-pet-carrier.html

also the Alex by Kwigy Bo
http://www.petfavors.com/kb-alex-pet-carrier.html

Does anyone have either of these bags? I'd love your opinion regardless.
Also, if there is a different dog bag you love, I'd love to know.

I was also thinking of buying a regular bag and having it made into a dog bag, but that may be a bit of a gamble.

Thanks!:smile:

I'm a big dog lover, own a couple myself. I wouldn't think much of it if someone snuck their dog into a restaurant that didn't allow them. You might want to only take your little love where he/she is allowed. Health laws are in place for a reason, restaurants can be fined if someone complains about pets that don't belong.

I don't have fashion dog carrier, but I like the first one you posted. I actually really like the canvas styles I've seen around, but the pup's head does stick out so it does not make it super discreet. I never like the idea of a vinyl style. For some reason I think of the toxic fumes being bad for the dog. That could be unfounded, but it does pop into my head.

Since we have two dogs it makes it harder to tote them around.

I can't believe I'm actually considering a stroller for when we go to crowded places. I think it would also make it possible to bring them to the farmer's market since they would be contained. Usually they are not allowed there.

I don't have fashion dog carrier, but I like the first one you posted. I actually really like the canvas styles I've seen around, but the pup's head does stick out so it does not make it super discreet. I never like the idea of a vinyl style. For some reason I think of the toxic fumes being bad for the dog. That could be unfounded, but it does pop into my head.

Since we have two dogs it makes it harder to tote them around.

I can't believe I'm actually considering a stroller for when we go to crowded places. I think it would also make it possible to bring them to the farmer's market since they would be contained. Usually they are not allowed there.
I can't recommend anything better than the Kitty Walk stroller - we got one for our cat years ago, but a neighbor has one for her two small dogs and they love going places in it.

https://www.kittywalk.com/original_suv.asp

I'm a big dog lover, own a couple myself. I wouldn't think much of it if someone snuck their dog into a restaurant that didn't allow them. You might want to only take your little love where he/she is allowed. Health laws are in place for a reason, restaurants can be fined if someone complains about pets that don't belong.

She is actually a service animal, so she is technically allowed everywhere with me - however, I do like to be considerate of others and not obnoxious when out at high end restaurants.