Does your state do Tax-Free Weekend? If so, what you gettin?

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
I used it to purchase a new Mac that I have put off for like 3 years. I was able to get the educational discount also, which helped tremendously.

Tonight I might get a few shirts and bras that I could use.

I worked in an electronics store for far too many tax free weekends during college to contribute to the stampede. If you watch the sale papers for most electronic items, you can find a better deal online or on another weekend. People just loooooove not having to pay 7% to the government, though, which I think is kinda ridiculous. They're willing to wait in line for it even when the deal isn't particularly good. It's not my thing.

While I'm sure the tax-free weekend is something a lot of people like I detest it.... I avoid it like the plague. haha And while, yes, a penny saved is a penny earned I could care less about the $8.25 per $100 I spend. :P

While I'm sure the tax-free weekend is something a lot of people like I detest it.... I avoid it like the plague. haha And while, yes, a penny saved is a penny earned I could care less about the $8.25 per $100 I spend. :P

Yeah I feel the same way. It's not worth it for me to get up early and deal with traffic and the crowds just to save a few dollars. My mom even noticed that some of the stores she frequents raise their prices on tax free weekend! Instead of saving anything you're getting ripped off instead.

Last edited:
I moved recently to a state that participates in this- had I of known earlier i might have held off on purchasing my laptop. But from hearing everyone's responses to the massive crowds that turn out, I am fine with giving a chunk of $ to Uncle Sam if it leaves me my sanity.

Just thinking about the crowds- it makes me cringe at the thought of this years Black Friday!

Well my dear, when you buy a $2000 handbag it really helps to not have to pay tax :smile: Or a $3000 couch! Who cares if all you are buying is a pair of jeans!

I wish Colorado did this.... nothing free here either.

I don't think so. That is a really cool idea though. I just heard about this recently. Technically it wouldn't benefit us that much, we can drive a few minutes into the next state for no tax. We make all purchases there except for things like groceries