Does your Spy "squeak?"

jmc1218

Sep 20, 2006
Hi Spy girls,

I just received a dark brown spy from NM, and I am lil disappointed b/c the metal part on the pocket literally "squeaks" when I move it around...

is this what's suppose to happen?

Yes, my Honey Spy does the same thing...I hate it! I feel that when I open it and I'm with someone, I'm self conscious of it! I want to spray it with some sort of lubricant, but I am scared of getting some on the precious leather! It is for that reason that I invested in a Fendi Spy Hobo, with the zip closure. The leather is still awesome, but the Hobo looks huge on me and I have that one listed on eBay.

Yup. Sometimes I notice it, other times, I don't. I'm just like, hey, you're a "Spy" bag, if you make noise, you'll blow your cover! Maybe it's trying to tell me something...

Yes, my Honey Spy does the same thing...I hate it! I feel that when I open it and I'm with someone, I'm self conscious of it! I want to spray it with some sort of lubricant, but I am scared of getting some on the precious leather! It is for that reason that I invested in a Fendi Spy Hobo, with the zip closure. The leather is still awesome, but the Hobo looks huge on me and I have that one listed on eBay.
suggestion-- maybe you could spray wd40 on a tiny brush & apply it to the hardware with that to avoid getting it on the leather...