Does your Speedy B wear its lock?

bvan1968

Dec 12, 2011
I got a Speedy B 35 for Christmas, and I love it! It's my first LV bag. The only thing that I find annoying is the lock. With the double zipper closure (love that!), I find the lock somewhat annoying when it is attached to one side of the zipper. I have tried placing the lock on the side D-ring where the strap attaches, but I am not sure that I really like it there. Just curious what other Speedy B owners are doing. My lock is back in its box until I figure out what to do.

I have the Idylle version and I never zip up my Speedy either so I just latched it on the end for two reasons:

1. Decorative purposes - I think the lock and key is so cute!

2. I purposely placed it so that when I carry my bag cross-body or shoulder style, I always make sure the lock is at the back so I have easy access to the two inner pockets (i.e. the pockets are facing towards me so it's easier to retrieve my items). That way, I don't always have to actually check inside my bag to make sure it's positioned properly, I can just grab and go without thinking. Not sure if I explained that properly!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 275
I love the locks ---sooooo my Speedy 40 has two ---- one on the zipper tag and one one the side tag ....... but since I hardly ever zip my bag, I think of them as bag charms (at least until I afford the real thing)