Does your Speedy 30 buckle? *see pics*

Shoebaglady

~Totes & Pockets~
Oct 5, 2011
I got my Speedy 30 earlier this year and my Josephine wallet shortly after. My Josephine started to peel soon after purchased and it is just falling apart. Tonight, as I was packing it in the dustbag, I noticed that a thread had come loose and that wasn't there yesterday. Also, my Speedy 30 is starting to buckle (correct term?) near the handles. Does anyone else's speedy 30 do this? I do NOT over pack my speedy - I don't even carry bottled water, books or my ipad in it. The photo's reallly don't show how bad it is.

Here are the photo's:
011.jpg

008-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

Wallet: the button and lining is peeling and the thread has come loose.
015.jpg

Do I just have bad luck with LV? I've admired LV since I was child and I can't think of another designer that I would choose over LV.
I'm going to the LV in Toronto tomorrow morning and I'm hoping that they will be able to repair my items.

I am so sorry to hear this.
The buckling, seems unevenness due to how it stands, and shouldn't stay perfectly straight, right? I'm not sure if that's what you're expecting.
The snap button peeling I've read before and I hear it's very easily replaced so you wouldn't have a problem with that, I hope.
As for the stitching coming loose, it is unacceptable and should be exchanged (unless something was purposely done to make it that way, but who would?).
Good luck.

I guess I missed something cuz that speedy looked normal to me. As for the wallet, that button is going to peel, that is normal wear from rubbing/closing.

My Speedy looks like that too but I barely notice it - I've always just assumed it was because the pocket is sewn there, like trumanfinn said. I don't think yours looks bad at all!

Thanks for your input. I guess it's my lack of experience with LV - maybe I expected it to be perfect longer because it costs so much more.

They said they've never seen a speedy with my issue and they took photo's. They said they would change the button free of charge but there was nothing they could do about the lining inside. I was told that there is no warranty on the products at all. I was treated in a blunt way. Finally, the SA recognized me from previous visits and both SA's warmed up and were far more comforting and jokey. I almost walked out of there with a DE speedy 35 but DH was with me and was not impressed with the lack of service and quickly rushed me out the door.

Knowing that the buckling of the canvas is normal makes me feel better. I'm hoping that my wallet comes back better than it was.......but it will probably stay in it's dustbag when it returns.

I'm sorry for you, I sold my Josephine wallet after a year or so of daily usage and looked like new... But considering the price we pay for LV items, things like this shouldn't be happening