Does your SO/spouse know how much your bbag cost?

:yes: C! i finally decided to stop lurking & start posting :P

i did tell him the truth with my first bag, but after seeing his reaction, i decided to not mention the fact that the prices were in USD subsequently.

the good thing is, he has a horrible memory, so he probably forgot how much exactly they cost.

The bf definitely does. Need to keep him educated, in the event he decides to surprise me one day. Gonna be a cold day in hell when that happens, but I'm an optimist when it comes to my bags! :P

DH has an idea that they're around $1000 each. Has no clue that the giant hw adds to the cost. If he asked I wouldn't lie but I'm not offering up any info. It is pretty silly though. I'm a SAHM and haven't paid a bill in 7yrs so he sees what I spend. I guess if it became a problem he would say something.

yes he does. and he has no problem telling the furniture salesman when the salesman was trying to compare the leather on the couch to the leather of my bag..

salesman: the leather on the couch of course is not as soft and high grade as say.. her handbag.
df: it better not be. she can buy the whole couch with the amount she paid for that bag.

My boyfriend knows now. Before I wouldn't tell him or I'd lie, like oh yea $400-500, but since now I'm in Italy and I'm having bags sent to me from BalNY and other places (because when a desired bag or waitlisted bag shows up...) and I can't just leave them in the boxes, I need to know if the leather and color is nice, I have him open them up and the tags are usually still on...:Push: so now he knows but doesn't judge me too badly. He has the theory that if it makes me happy, then it's ok, though he doesn't like the idea of my bleeding my account dry. He also says that once we're married (ha!), I can't be buying them so frequently. :nogood: